• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Distiller no longer exists?

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Distiller regularly to create thumbnail summaries of my magazine, but lately it crashes upon opening. It never opens anymore. I don't exactly know a workaround for this, so it's a serious problem for my workflow. Also, my attempts to solve the problem lead me only to years-old posts by users with the same problem, and the only solution given to them are now years-old updates saying an update fixed it. I can't find Distiller in the list of Adobe products, but I'm not sure if this is because it is a part of Acrobat Pro or because it no longer exists.

Can someone please provide me an answer once and for all?

Also, if it does still exist, I would love to hear how I can fix the crashing problem. Updating Acrobat has not solved it. If it no longer exists, I would love to know why. I would like to think that it's because its features have been integrated into Acrobat in another way.

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Distiller is included with Acrobat and has been for over 20 years. Still there and still a key part of the product. What messages do you get on the crash, and what exact version of Acrobat (not "latest" please) do you run?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not latest? Doesn't that answer your question? Ha. That's one of my pet peeves, too.

Version: 2020.006.20042

I'm on a Mac, and immediately upon either clicking or dragging my .ps file to the icon I get a message that says "Distiller quit unexpectedly." I've attached a screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 12.46.05 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't like "latest" as an answer because all too often it turns out the real problem is that updates have failed. Not in this case though.

Distiller crashes are often font related. To give some info go to on, please click Report. This will give you a window with loads of stuff. Please screen shot it, then scroll to the next section and screen shot that as well. There is loads more but most often there are clues in the first two screens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know why "latest" isn't a good answer. I think you didn't pick up on my sarcasm. 🙂

I'm glad to hear you say it may be fonts. After doing a little more searching, I found someone who appears to have had the same problem, and there were some similarities in our reports. He fixed the problem by dealing with corrupted fonts, I believe. I haven't yet been able to determine if I have corrupted fonts, however.

Attached is the first two pages of the report, as requested.

Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.21.13 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.21.35 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Checking in to see if there are any clues in my report. Still haven't solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had this problem on a particular machine for ages, but is there a way to figure out exactly WHAT is causing the crashes? I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling multiple times.

Tim King

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines