• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat files open as word files on website

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2024 Apr 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have built a website with hundreds of PDF files for viewing. This site has no word files on the server. Yet, when I click on a link to a pdf file, it displays first with the correct filename at the top of the acrobat screen, then displays a word file (.doc).; If I upload a new version of the pdf file, the previous version of the file is displayed, with the .doc extension. Again, there are NO word files on my server - not in the folder with the PDFs in it nor in any other folder on my site.

This makes absolutely no sense.

TOPICS
PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is the website accessible to the public, can we go and see what is happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes - I've found that the older files created before 2013 behave correctly - the problem is with those created in 2013 and later. Here's a link: link 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines