• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat freezing on mac OS 11.5

Contributor ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a macbook pro (apple chip) OS 11.5.5 using Adobe Acrobat DC version 21.005.20058

For over a year now (even when I was using an older intel-chip macbookpro with OS 11.4) I have had a problem with Adobe Acrobat when I open complex PDF files. In my case these are PDFs of architectural files with complex drawings and text comments but are only about 5-10mb in size. The file takes a while to open but then, if I try to zoom in on the page, I get the whirling lolipop and the software freezes. If I open the same file with the Preview app, I can view it and zoom in it with no problem at all.

I had hoped that my recent upgrade to the Apple-chip macbookpro and OS 11.5 would resolve this issue but it hasn't. Why would Preview do a better job of viewing PDFs than Acrobat which is supposed to be made for that purpose specifaclly?

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Thank you

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

> Why would Preview do a better job of viewing PDFs than Acrobat which is supposed to be made for that purpose specifaclly?

It does not. In fact, Preview is a terrible PDF viewer. It corrupts PDF files (especially those with form fields), just by opening it. And anyway, as an Apply application it can be built in a much more optimized way for the OS than third-party applications can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines