• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat is assigning fonts to curves

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A design created in Corel Draw included fonts that were converted to curves when saved as a pdf.  When the file is opened in Acrobat it looks fine but when it is saved for Word the design and colors do not hold.  Everything is lines.  Why is the software changing the design and converting some, but not all, of the lines to fonts?  Lines in the design are also not holding their width.

This topic has been addressed alot and I see about embedding fonts but these never came into Adobe as fonts.  As a designer if I convert all of my fonts to curves/lines I expect them to stay that way.  I don't want them to change.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't simply do that. You can't use a PDF with vectorized fonts (independent of the source) and expect it to convert correctly to Word.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you calling curves vectorized fonts?  They are lines that a program should not be able to assign a letter to and this is done so that anyone can open the file even if they don't have the font in their system.  Fonts are commonly converted to curves so that logos and other images are not distorted by being replaced when the system doesn't have a font that was used.  When I have a logo image that includes lettering that has been converted to curves I absolutely expect to be able to load that image into Acrobat without changing the image.  What I do not expect is Acrobat to assign letters and because they are not the correct font make a mess out of the image when it is saved as a Word file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I should have said “Outlined text”. And they are basically graphics.

I think you should review your DOCX Settings:

Abambo_1-1678317800647.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

…and it does even a better job than I expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines