• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat keeps erasing letters

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2018 Sep 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have made a PDF but it keeps erasing my content, like random words and letters are going missing. I do not know what is going on, and yes I have tried preflight. I need to get this document printed as part of a product so I cannot afford to have errors. If someone could help that would be great, willing to pay for someone to fix it finally as well.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You provide no information that can assist anybody in helping you. What are you making a PDF file from and how? (For example, a Word document that you are using Acrobat Pro DC's Save as Adobe PDF!) What operating system? Any particular font(s)?

It would be helpful if you could provide a link to a sample source and PDF file displaying this issue so that we can try to understand what is going on.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What would be HELPFUL is for Adobe to fix this issue.  I've used Acrobat Pro for years and never had the issues like she's mentioning until last year, but this year is so much worse.  I'm working on the same machine, same operating system, using the same fonts, but suddenly letters are just disappearing from text boxes, symbols are showing up in place of letters and I am not even able to edit text boxes in many cases.  It's a total nightmare and I'm really frustrated that I can see a lot of people asking for help with this, so it's clearly an issue, but this thread is 6 years old and it's still an issue.  There should be a fix my now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The solution has already been posted.

It has 2 parts:

1. Use only fonts that you can embed into the PDF. Not  all fonts are embedabble. And whether they can be embedded or not, embedability is controlled by the font manufacturer — and that might not be Adobe.
  2. Check the option to embed all fonts into your PDF when setting the export options.

If you don't follow these 2 rules, it will continue to be an issue for your for another 6 years...and longer.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents |
|    PubCom |    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2018 Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whichever application you are using to create the PDF, make sure to embed all the fonts. For example, In InDesign, you can use this setting:

Use only fonts that can be embedded. Most fonts can be embedded, but some cannot (including fonts from TypeKit).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines