• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat no longer converts Jpeg to pdf

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So within the last year, Adobe Acrobat will no longer convert Jpeg to PDF, and I get an error. I used to be able to right-click the JPEG file and select Convert to PDF or Combine and convert to PDF. The no longer works. Is there a known fix for this?

TOPICS
Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

HI Steven,

OK, you may not like this but I downloaded three of the documents from different days (Nov. 29, Nov 30, & Dec. 2). Once the file was downloaded, I dragged the file onto my Acrobat icon in my Doc. The files were immediately opened in Acrobat. I also did an OCR recognition, and all were done (except the one with Asian characters, as my copy is set for the English language, so it did not have the information to do that OCR).

I then moved the three original JPGs into a new folder, and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are these jpgs coming from? Are you creating them in your scanner? Are you receiving them? Where?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a printing center receiving them from our customers. We have multiple centers that are having the same issue across the board. Before having this issue we were able to take any jpeg or png and convert one or multiple, by highlighting the file/files, right-clicking, and pressing convert or convert and combine. Now we are getting an error stating that the file could not be converted because it is not a supported file (see attached). This is with all Jpeg images and some outside PDF files. any PDF files we create work fine. This has been ongoing for about a year now with our centers on separate computers and separate networks. We have looked around for a solution to fix it but were unsuccessful. So we use an online file converter as a bandaid, which is becoming cumbersome with our growing volume.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error does you get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached the images of the errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you could share one of these documents? It's OK to DM me with the file if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, here are some jpegs that will not convert for me. Now keep in mind issue is for all jpegs over the span of a year, from different customers and downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Steven,

OK, you may not like this but I downloaded three of the documents from different days (Nov. 29, Nov 30, & Dec. 2). Once the file was downloaded, I dragged the file onto my Acrobat icon in my Doc. The files were immediately opened in Acrobat. I also did an OCR recognition, and all were done (except the one with Asian characters, as my copy is set for the English language, so it did not have the information to do that OCR).

I then moved the three original JPGs into a new folder, and from Acrobat's File menu, selected Create -> Create multiple PDF files. I selected the folder I just created, selected the three files I placed there, and ran them. All three created the PDFs immiedately. (No OCR was done becuase with JPGs you need do that as a separate step. If the files were TIF format the OCR would have been done automatically.)

Here is the path showing how I did the 2nd approach:

2022-12-08_09-48-02.png

Then I selected "Folderes." (Either is fine but in both cases you need to select the range of files.)

2022-12-08_09-49-42.png

 

There were no issues, none.

For the record, I'm using a Mac Studio Pro. OS 13.0.1. The version of Acrobat I'm using is:

2022-12-08_09-38-50.png

The one thing I can think of is if the JPG file is being taken before it has fully downloaded from the internet. I did have an issue several months ago where I sent a medium sized PDF out to a group of people and one person complained that they could not open the file. In this case, their internet was not fast AND the 3 MB file had not fully downloaded. While we were on the phone, he tried again and the file opened up just fine. However, the files you sent me are relatively very small and unless you're using a dial up modem, they should have downloaded in a second (unless you were sent hundreds at a time).

Otherwise, I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm sure the files you sent me are the same as the ones that are not working on your system. If this is so, than the fault is not the JPGs and the problem is something within your system. Since I'm a Mac user, I do not have a clue as to where to start on something as focused as this issue. Have you tried again on these files that failed the first time (see above paragraph)?

All I can do at this point is say that it's not the file's fault, they work fine. Perhaps if you try the approach that I used as opposed to the approach that you've been doing for a long time.

Let us know,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It must be something on my end some sort of setting thats messed up. I downloaded the same software on my personal PC and I had no issues. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck resolving this. Start small and do not change more than one thing at a time as you experiment. Otherwise, you'll not know if it was thing A or thing B that you did that was the charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No issue with Adobe Acrobat DC on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cannot convert jpeg to pdf. Server eror 410

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you help me, please 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines