• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat, non-subscription

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update my Acrobat Pro to work on my new iMac, but don’t want to start a subscription. I would accept a non-subscription alternative. But when I try to upgrade, Adobe doesn’t recognise my serial number, though it’s definitely valid.

How can I do this, and what will it cost?

I’m in the UK.

[Private info removed]

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what version of Acrobat do you currently own?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don’t know exactly because I can’t open it on my new computer, but the information box says Adobe Acrobat XI Pro, created 24 Sep 2012, modified 20 November 2017
thanks
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case you can't upgrade to the current version (Acrobat 2020). You'll need to purchase a new license for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

We have checked that you have an Acrobat XI license. Acrobat XI is an old and unsupported version. For more information, please refer to the following help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html.

Please check if you have an installer available for Acrobat XI. It seems you are using the latest version installer, which will not work.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to try67 and Meenakshi for your replies – very helpful.

Thanks especially to Team Adobe, who chipped in and guided me through my options and subsequent decision.

best wishes

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean by "Team Adobe"? Be careful, as there are many scammers here who pretend to work for Adobe but do not. Did they contact you via email (since you originally posted your email address), or private message? If email, what email address did they use? If PM, does they user-name say "Adobe Employee" underneath it (like MeenakshiNegi's does)? If not, they are NOT from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines