• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat: Page background color no longer changes

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Acrobat for my college semester a few months ago and it worked great. I had configured all the settings to be as dark as possible as I can't stand white backgrounds, they hurt my eyes. I had the following settings set up: View > Display Theme > Dark Grey. As well as Edit > Preferences > Accessbility > Replace Document Colors > Custom Color > I had Page Background as black and Document Text as white. 

I was doing some more reserach for my upcoming semester and then Acrobat just stopped applying the second setting (The ones under Accessibility) to any of the recent PDFs I've downloaded. I checked my older PDFs that I used before and they worked fine, when I selected a different page or text color, they changed accordingly. But the ones I've downloaded within the past few days, from the same website (JSTOR.org) as the ones from before, only have the first page with the black background and white text. Every page after the first is the standard white background and black text. I even tried making my own page background as a workaround. I downloaded a pure black PNG, went to apply it and it just doesn't show up. Also, the use high-contrast color or use Windows color scheme options under Accessbility do not work either for my recent PDFs. 

How can I change the page background to be black and the text color to be white despite those problems? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?