• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin not working after june 2021 update.

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat PDFMaker Office COM Addin have stopped working after Adobe DC Pro have been updated with June 2021 update.

I have tried to register the DLL and what else I could find on the WEB.

I can press "Save as Adobe PDF", and get to choose a file location, but the document are not created.

If I choose "File" - "Print" and choose the Adobe PDF from there, everything works.

I have tried to repair the Adobe PDF Pro DC as well.

Any ideas ?`Thanks

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to manually uninstall and reinstall the add-in in MS Office.

Sometimes, in the case of Microsoft Office,  add-ins and plug-ins don't update automatically when the source program is updated.

You may also want to force an update of the Micrososft Office program that is using the add-in.

Did you checked with the update release notes if this issue is mentioned?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Niels

++ Adding to the discussion

Please check out the steps suggested in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-acrobat-pdfmaker-problems-office.html and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can you please share what error are you getting when you try to create PDF from Office applications using Acrobat addin?

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this issue with 45 end user workstations.  There is no error message.   The Office product just simply crashes to desktop.   I have performed all the above suggestions without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I comfim, it happens on all my workstations..around 30 users that use it frenquently, the only workaround i found till now is.

1. Uninstall Acrobat DC

2. Install an older version.

3. Disable Update from adobe.

This problem is real just tried to install the latest package from june 2021 and the PDFMAKER is not working in office (all 365 up to date installations). i have to manualy reinstall several staions. What a mess.

Please fix it and keep up updated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are aware of one issue with PDFMakers and engineering team is working on the fix. To confirm that it is the same issue you are facing, can you please temporarily replace this file "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\libeay32.dll", with the libeay32.dll present in Acrobat install folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\" and check if the problem goes away ? Please note, that this is just to check what the issue is. Replacing this DLL might cause issues with other apps. So keep a back up of the original file and revert once the test is done.

Thanks

Tanvi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tanvi,

I have tested this per your instructions above and it DOES correct the issue.

Regards,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes tested and comfirmed working, a quicker way of fixing it:) let us know when its patched.

-Gabriel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and for your cooperation on this.

Hope you are doing well.

The fix is available now with the latest update of Acrobat and Reader DC. Please install the latest update from the following link: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/continuous/dccontinuousjunehotfix2... 

Download the setup, run it, reboot the machine (if possible) and check the app functionality. 

To know more about the latest update, you can refer to this article: 21.005.20054 Optional update, June 23, 2021

Let us know if you still experience any issues.

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the hotfix however My company is still having issues when trying to convert shared mailbox folders. there is nothing for an error  and nothing found in the logs but will either freeze, ctd or slowly go through the list of emails in the folder and say failed to convert as the only details. If there are more detail I can get please let me know. but this is all I find in the log it gives.

===================================================

Requested:  1,  
Converted to PDF:  0,  
Skipped [Already in PDF]:  0,  
Skipped [PDFMaker failed to convert]:  1

Details of Email to PDF conversion:
Failed to Convert: 
From: , Subject: , Date: , Status: Item failed to convert
---------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not solved.  Could not install in Windows 10, MS office 365.

sheryno65107351_1-1665600912808.png

sheryno65107351_0-1665600827528.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there another fix to this problem. I have identical symtoms but the June patch will not complete (see below) and the symptoms remains. Adobe and Office 365 apps were reinstalled w/ no joy. The problem began recently under Win10, persists under Win 11. (Office 365 32 bit installed. Q: Will Acrobat work with Office 365 64 bit?)

OnTheLeftCoast_0-1633030382485.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines