Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat preflight profiles - Trim Boxes

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a client that supplies us with books on a regular basis, They run a stock standard preflight on their files before sending to us however we had a case now where a change was made to a page in a 96page book and the trim box was incorrectly defined on that page after it was  amended and replaced in the pdf resulting in 95 pages with a correctly defined trim box and one page where the offset of that trim box was way out.

I would like to provide a profile to the client that flags the incorrectly defined trim box on that one page as being different from the rest that they can run and hopefully flag these as issues before sending them to printers.
In other words the trim box is defined as the correct size but in the incorrect position on the page.
Is there any option that you can point me to in the profile settings  that i can activate or deactivate that will flag this as an error in a preflight report?
I am ok with creating profiles and duplicating and amending them, i just fail to find the correct option that will report off centre trim box as being a problem.

Sample file attached where page 1 is defined correctly and page 2 is not.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , How to , Print and prepress , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Defining what's "correct" and what's "incorrect" is tricky, and subjective. A script can report if a file has pages of different sizes, or if the trip box of a page is not the same as its crop box, for example, but unless you provide an exact logic of what's considered "incorrect", it can't do more than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines