• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Print function shows a PS printer that no longer exists. How do I delete it? It is not in the windows settings any longer.

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2017 Aug 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a PS printer that no longer exists to Windows. Yet it still shows up in the printers available for print in the Acrobat DC print function. How do I delete it from Acrobat?

I've tried rebooting the system and repairing Acrobat but it is still there. If we accidentally select that printer and attempt to print, it just gives me print error messages.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donaldf,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

As per the description above, you are not able to remove the Adobe printer on a windows machine, Is that correct?

Please try the troubleshooting steps to remove the Adobe Printer from the following: Remove Adobe Create PDF Desktop Printer

if you want to reinstall the Adobe PDF printer, you can follow the steps from the following link: Manually installing PDF Printer

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link:

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-4642

fails with a not found condition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the doc, but it has NOTHING to do with my real  Post Script printer that was reinstalled  for PS driver and renamed. The old port still shows up in printer selection list of ADOBE ACROBAT.

Port does not show up in printer devices in windows settings.

This problem has nothing to do with the PDF printer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donaldf,

Please check, if you can see the Printer Listed under "Printer and Device" if you see the PS printer, then right click on it, and choose to Remove the Device.

If you are unable to see the Printer under "Printer and Device", then Go to the RUN command, and type printmanagement.msc and click Ok.

A Print Management console will open, remove the PS printer.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find printmanagement.msc on the laptop in question.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donaldf,

printmanagement.msc command is for Windows OS, please press Windows + R to launch the Run window, then type printmanagement.msc command and click Ok.

Check for the PS printer, and remove it.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, the laptop is a Windows 10 home version without printmanagement.msc. I guess I am out of luck cleaning up the printer selections list in Adobe Acrobat?

No other way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2017 Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donaldf,

it seems that it's an Operating system limitation as the Print management is not available in Windows 10 Home edition.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be done to fix this issue.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe can't be bothered to resolve this, here's how you remove the deleted printers (you'll need admin privileges):

1. Open registry editor, by pushing Windows Key and 'r', and then entering "regedit" into the field.

2. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers

3. Right click on the deleted printers, and click delete to banish it for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Jill2309863891f0

Worked beautifully!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines