Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Acrobat printing posters

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Acrobat Pro 2017 on a MacOS Big Sur 11.5.1

I have a pdf file that is 240 x 110 cms, 16 Mb, and I am trying to print it out via Print > Poster > Tile Scale 100%. 

When I select page size as A3 is is showing the correct number of pages: Scale 100% Pages 24.

However as soon as I hit the Print button, nothing and Acrobat becomes non-responsive.

Am I missing something please?

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is freezing when you try to print the PDF

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs you try to print? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please try to download it to your computer locally and try to print and check.

Also make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat 2017 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates an reboot the computer. You may download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

You may also try to create a new test user profile or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines