• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2017 Install Problem on Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought a CD version of Acrobat Pro 2017 to install on my new MacBook Pro running Catalina because my old Pro XI isn't compatible with the 64 GB Apple requirement.  I open the installer.pkg and press continue on the message about determining if the software can be installed.  I then see the introduction and press continue taking me to the Read Me, and it gets hung there.  Spinning beachball.  No text populates the installer window and the go back button doesn't work.  Have to force quit.  Any known fixes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I believe you. I'm on Safari. If I copy this url to my clipboard and try to paste it here, nothing happens. No text--nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know what to tell you. It works fine in any other browser (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Edge)...
Maybe you're not pasting pure text, but an image or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, try. Yeah, I copy from the address bar, and can usually paste that anywhere.

With Catalina, would you suggest the $450 Acrobat Pro 2017 standalone or just go with the DC subscription ($180/year)? And if one currently has Acrobat X pro, does Adobe offer any discount on the Pro 2017, like they do with Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- Can you paste other text into a message?

- I would recommend getting a subscription for Acrobat DC, especially considering the rate in which operating systems are updated these days.

- Not for Acrobat X, no. It's too old to qualify for an upgrade. Even XI is already too old for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can paste other text. Hmmm.

Thanks very much for the advice. Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey try67, do you know how I can remove Acrobat X Pro from Catalina? Seems it should be removed before installing Acrobat DC. I've been through the support pages, which suggested the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool, and Twittered with Adobe Support, who suggested the Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool. Both installed fine, but neither lists either the Acrobat X Pro or Acrobat Reader. I clicked clean everything on both anyway and, despite indicating all cleaning was accomplished, the apps remain. I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't know, sorry. You should not have been able to install it in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't installed on Catalina. The computer was updated to Catalina without unistalling this old Acrobat program first. And the removal tools mentioned above do not recognize it. I noticed on another thread that you recommended just dragging the program (and associated files, I assume) to the trash. I guess that's my only option. Adobe techs seem stumped.  Hopefully, Acrobat DC will still install properly.

Thanks very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see. Yes, I think that's pretty much the only option you have remaining at this point...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10-4. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue. Did you resolve it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that it works. My issue was escalated to Adobe support manager who finally helped.
Despite that Acrobat Pro 2017 is a stand-alone version with perpetual license I had to install the Adobe Creative Cloud (not exactly if all or part of it, possibly: AdobeGCClient only).
Then it allowed me to install and scuessfully activate my Acrobat Pro 2017.

Hopefully, this still works for you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me too. Thank you for your post, it saved me countless hours with customer support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is no longer offering the downloads for DC 2015, however I was able to locate the still working link to the Mac DC 2015 installer using a cached copy of the DC 2015 page linked above.  Here's a direct link to the DC 2015 installer for Mac that DOES WORK in Catalina:  

h t t p s ://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/APRO/Acrobat_HelpX/osx10/Acrobat_2015_Web_WWMUI.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines