• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2017 registration requires Internet Explorer?

New Here ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Acrobat Pro 2017 (NFR license I purchased through Techsoup) on Windows 10 20H2 with Edge, Chrome, and Firefox installed, all currently patched and up to date. When I run Pro the first time I am prompted to sign in to register, but then told I need to update my OS or browser. I click the learn more link, and I am told Internet Explorer is required!? Adobe says the system requirements include Firefox and Chrome. Is there any way around this requirement for IE? If I purchase a license for Pro 2020 will it use a modern browser?

Thank you for any advice.

Jeffrey Pike

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Hi,

Acrobat Pro 2020 does not require IE, and Acrobat Pro 2017 is almost at End of Live so I would recommend updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat Pro 2020 does not require IE, and Acrobat Pro 2017 is almost at End of Live so I would recommend updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BarlaeDC:

Thank you for that tip. I will update.

Jeffrey Pike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Internet Explorer is a part of Windows, so it won't appear in the list of system requirements. Did you delete it somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name:

It's still there, but Microsoft seems to have effectively made it so invisible that Pro's install routine can't even find it.

Jeffrey Pike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Jeffery,

The sign in screen does indeed use IE to create the sign in page. I am not aware of a workaround. You will need to have IE installed for the sign in function to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris 486:

I guess IE was still sufficiently a force in 2017 that it could be leveraged, but Edge was released in 2015, and certainly Microsoft was already warning the Windows community in no uncertain terms that IE was on its way to EOL. Besides, Chrome and Firefox had been around for more than a decade by then. It seems perverse Adobe would have continued to cling to IE, as archaic and insecure as it was.

I'm not sure I can install IE anymore, and to the extent it represents a security risk, I'm unwilling to try. I'll upgrade to Pro 2020, which, I understand, should solve the problem.

Thank you for replying.

Jeffrey Pike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines