• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro 2022 Issues | No Tools Icons | Can't Close Tabs

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro 2022.003.20282 installed on my Win10 Pro workstation and all works well. I installed the same thing on my Win10 Pro laptop (both are current Win10 builds running on HPE end points) and the app insists on not working well. Opening a document either locally or from the network and it opens, but the blue spinning circle runs for a good minute or so. Clicking Tools I can see multiple Open and Add buttons, but the icons for each tool don't appear. I am also unable to close individual tabs, as no "X" is available to click. Images attached. Each time I open Acrobat it tells me the previous session didn't close correctly and asks if I wish to reopen the document(s). I have tried repairing the installation. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling multiple times. All roads lead to the same issues. I wonder if there is a Adobe tool that performs a deep uninstall that may wipe the slate clean to try once again at a reinstall? Other ideas?!?!?!!?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Eventhough I have 64 bit Windows, I ended up installing the 32 bit pro and it seems to be working.  I would suggest that everyone who is having issues with most recent update to just use the 32 bit version..  all my tools are now showing and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JOE27445898r5y2 

We are sorry to hear that.

As you have already tried repairing the installation and removing and reinstalling the application with no luck. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

You may also try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html, reboot the computer once, and reinstall the application using the direct link
https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html  and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and cannot resolve.  Any other suggestions you can offer.  I have already tried reinstalling with the direct link you show above.

PLEASE HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @stacey22712323qlv8 

We are sorry to hear that. Please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eventhough I have 64 bit Windows, I ended up installing the 32 bit pro and it seems to be working.  I would suggest that everyone who is having issues with most recent update to just use the 32 bit version..  all my tools are now showing and working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed this way and made same experience. 32bit works (but support ends) and 64 bit does not work. This is a poor testimony for adobe! I expected more for my money... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Spooz 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20314  installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2023 Feb 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

i was supported also by the German Adobe team and they acknoledged what I reported as real BUG!

To make you sure, that I tried really evereything what I was advised:

a) the version is the one you mentioned  2022.3.20314

b) there is no update pending

c) The 64-bit version Acrobat Pro runs without complications on my windows10 system with the same software packages installed

I hope that the bug is processed and fixed soon.

Best wishes

Spooz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro version: 2022.003.20314

MacOS Ventura v13.2.1

Same issue as others are reporting, vice I'm on a Mac.  I'm already signed into my Adobe account but this window with the spining blue circle pops-up and never goes away.  Instead the spinning motion just freezes and you're forced to "force quit" the application.

I tried doing some troubleshooting and for a short time it seemed that opening a document within the application versus double-clicking a PDF from Finder (Mac's file browser) worked sometimes, but not most.

I too uninstalled/reinstalled the Adobe application and restarted my Mac without sucess.

2023-03-14_08-47-22.png

After inspecting the log console, there are numerous yellow and red flaged calls from the Adobe Acrobat application during initialization with all the red flags saying that a mthod is being called on the main thread that may lead to UI unresponsiveness......

2023-03-14_09-11-16.png

2023-03-14_09-12-45.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ventura 13.4 - this issue remains.  I've had to stop using Adobe Acrobat altogether because of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines