• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro CC Installation Fails

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Installation from CC app fails repeatedly. Error 126 Download is damaged.

All other apps installed sucessfully, is there a work-around or solution to dowload a [non- damaged] package for Acrobat?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

You can download the full installer from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John; I've tried to re install the creative cloud app, but the Acrobat installation still fails. I've tried repeatedly for 2 days to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the full installer from here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many, many thanks! That was exactly what I was hoping for. Worked perfectly, as I am on an Enterprise account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sreinha,

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try to reboot the computer once and try again.

If it still doesn't work, please try the steps as listed below:

1. Run Acrobat Cleaner Tool using the link https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html
  2. Reboot the computer
  3. Reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

For more information, you may also look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/troubleshoot-download-install-logs.html#error126

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, Many thanks for taking the time to respond! I was able to resolve with the full installer download, as I am on an enterprise license for Adobe CC. I had already been through the steps you suggested (my first attemt at problem-solving.) I'd like to mention that unistalling, cleaning, and reinstalling is quite time consuming (with many 3rd party plug-ins), and it would have been great to have the full installer more accessable, which was a more surgical solution to get Acrobat installed as everything else was already in place! The boot-strap install method is awesome when it works, but super-disruptive when it does not. In this case, I've recently had to re-image my MacBook, and the CC re-installation was not without difficulty. I finally was able to install CC and most of the CC applications I need, only after uninstalling and running cleaner several times. Overall, this has resulted in ~1 day lost. I work for a large company with about 1000 designers (no exaggeration, I promise), all on CC, and our tech support teams are regularly challenged with these issues. I am surprised that even they do not have easy access to stand-alone installers. I know this is not the conversation to address this, but as an end-user it can be painful when a problem like this crops up, and one cannot see "under the hood". Appreciate your ear and thanks again for your response. Cheers, Stuart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mac Air 

M2

MacOS 13.2 Ventura

16 GB Memory

Spent two days trying to solve my Acrobat installation problem. Acrobat would not install from my Enterprise (through University) account. Recently upgraded MacBook Pro 2014 for this new machine. No problems installing from same account on old machine. I also had a Mac Air 2022 8GB memory for about three weeks, which also didn't present an installation problem with Acrobat with the same Enterprise account. Yes, I was losing my mind. I repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled (repeat x 3), no luck. I figured the problem might be strange files (technical term) from the 3x activities and processes. Ran the log. Ran the Creative Cloud cleaner. Rebooted a number of times. Still no worky. Finally found this thread and voilá! Hallelujah Chorus, it installed without a hitch. 

May I gently recommend an alert that downloading Acrobat from the manual link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

be known to those of us trying in vain to get our systems back up and running so we can complete our grad school work? Derailed! Anywho, now I have no excuse to continue working. Thanks for the solution. I hope this bumps up the results in search, because I searched many times today. Live long and prosper, community. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Anna28218205cx95 

Hope you are doing well.

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed for you.

Spread the word and help others by marking the correct answer so future users can benefit from your experience.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines