• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Compare PDF tool crashing without Message

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since about early April, my users have been unable to use the Compare PDFs tool in Acrobat Pro. With almost all of our company documents, when we use the Compare PDF tool, the watch/loading cursor icon comes up for about 5 seconds, and then the entire Acrobat app crashes without any kind of message. This does not happen if we make 2 new blank PDFs and compare them, but it happens with a large majority of company documents. We have never had this issue previously and it only started happening in April 2022. We really need this functionality for our business operations. I have contacted support multiple times but have been unable to get in touch with anyone who can help with this issue. I've scheduled callbacks from Subject Matter experts but have not received a call back in the scheduled timeframes. Is anyone else experiencing this/does anyone have a fix?

Here is the crash error from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Acrobat.exe, version: 22.1.20117.0, time stamp: 0x624e808c
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.22000.675, time stamp: 0x55e50a16
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001170a7
Faulting process id: 0x25f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d87069b73682ed
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6efe11d2-114f-447e-b660-2c332865b84b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Crossz,

Sorry about the delay in response.

As mentioned above, the issue occurs with the company documents. 

Would you mind sharing a video of the issue occurring at your end? Also, please share the sample files on which the issues appear. It will help us to replicate the behavior at our end.

Please confirm if you are using the Acrobat version 22.1.20117.0 and share the OS version on the machine.

Also, please share the case number as you have contacted the support team in the past. We will look into this.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having this issue now as well except the application doesn't quit it just stops responding (aka spinning wheel of death). I have to force quit and restart. Files aren't saving nor are they being recovered upon restart. I have also sent numerous crash reports to Adobe with zero response. If this issue has been resolved in the year that it's been posted I'd appreciate knowing if the issue can be fixed and how. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines