• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Crashing Constantly on M1 Mac

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acobat Pro seems to crash constantly when attempting to edit larger PDF files. Full uninstall/reinstall is not helping. Running on a M1 Mac, Big Sur 11.5.1. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jon

Thanks for sharing the information. We have shared the same with the engineering team for review.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I just did a COMPLETE removal of ALL things Adobe (including cache and preferences) from the Mac in question and rebooted. I then reinstalled Acrobat DC using an installer I downloaded from your website, rebooted, and installed the Adobe CC app using an installer downloaded from your website. Without installing any plugins or making any preference changes, Acrobat crashed after opening a few PDF files of varying size and page count.

I've attached the crash log that was generated in addition to errors I regularly get when viewing PDF files.

Thanks,
hp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constant crashes multiple times per day.  Does not seem to matter the size of the pdf or how many I have open.  

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC Version 2021.011.20039

Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 1.45.27 PM.png

File: AdobeLogs_20220316_134139_269-mac-GS.zxp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

Question. Do you have any 3rd party plugin's installed?

Thank you,
hp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having alot of devices facing the same issue, none of the proposed solutions worked for me. 
Even a freshly installed mac has the issue with OS X 12.2.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

This issue is already raised to our engineering team for review. We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this as my team of 10 operators are all experiencing this issue? (Constant crashes without any pattern). All Macs are M1 Mac Mini's running OS 12 Monterey 12.3.1 and the latest available version of Arobat DC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry to keep you waiting, we do not have any fixed timeline for this issue.

We will share the update as soon as we get any information from the engineering team.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil. What specific version of Acrobat are you on? I've had a lot less crashes since updating to 2022.001.20112.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m running 2022.001.20112 and still crashing multiple times a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something to try: in Acrobat Preferences > General > Application Startup, is the "Enable native OS mode for optimal performance" enabled? If so, try disabling it. If that doesn't help, go to your Applications > Acrobat folder, click once on the Acrobat app, Get Info (Command - I), and enable the "Open with Rosetta" checkbox.

If all the above does not help, try the following (it will make no sense):

On your desktop, when you have a Finder window open and click once on a file, do you get a thumbail preview of the file on the right side of the window? If so, try disabling the preview feature in macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After such frustration with the Adobe issue, and reading so many posts with disingenuious information from Adobe looking for a fix, yours finally (I think, I hope. It's been working.) solved the issue for me.  Fingers crossed it stays this way, and fingers crossed even tighter that Adobe finally gets its act together and actually fixes the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donna, can you tell me which of my suggestions seemed to do the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hopkinsprinting thanks for the tips, they have worked for me. I'm not sure which one, I might re-enable preview and see if it is that, as I would prefer to keep it open.

@Amal.  Please take note of this, this seems to have fixed this problem that I have been having for months. It is not a small problem, it makes using Adobe a real pain, I had resorting to using preview to avoid Adobe as much as possible. Can you pass this feedback on to your team to provide some kind of "patch" for the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing which of the suggestion worked for you so that we can share the info with our engineering team?

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So wait, the users are coming up with the fixes for Adobe now? Shouldn't the Adobe engineers be the ones fixing the application? Apple Silicon Macs have been around for some 18 months. To not have a native, fully functional version of Acrobat is criminal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think! I just updated several Intel Mac's to the very latest version of Acrobat and then had to revert (by way of uninstalling and reinstalling) back to the previous version. The latest version introduced an issue where if the Output Preview panel is open, simply opening a PDF, saving a PDF, or changing the simulation profile in Output Preview (there are probably other scenarios) caused a strobe light effect on the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to get its act together with Acrobat on the Mac ....I have given up on it. They know they have an issue and just dont care to fix it. Try printing from Preview vs Acrobat or doing minor edits. case closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Monteray 12.6, Acrobat Pro is virtually unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me and my entire Team of 20+ users bought M1 macs earlier this year. Since then we had this exact problem and with every acrobat update i am sure they finally fixed it but nothing changes. I cannot believe this problem is known for way over a year and adobe can't fix it. Acrobat is currently UNUSABLE on M1 macs. We have backup macs with intel JUST TO USE ACROBAT. It is starting to get unacceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same, having 20+ licenses just to see the colleagues using the mac preview, since acrobat is EXTREMLY slow and is constantly crashing.
I should considering refunding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem seems to be related to coming and going from VPNs, or switching from wired to wireless connections on remote servers . . .  FWIW, since you guys can't seem to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this issue been resolved? I'm experience the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Landry292110211sku 

We apologize for the ongoing issue you are experiencing with Adobe CC. Our team would be happy to assist you further in resolving this issue.

To help us investigate further, could you kindly provide us with the Adobe CC logs and Procmon logs (for Windows users only)? You can easily collect the logs by following the steps provided in these links: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html respectively. Once collected, please upload the logs to any cloud storage and share the link with us.

Additionally, please ensure that you have the latest version 23.01.20093 installed. You can check for updates by going to Help > Check for updates, and don't forget to reboot your computer after updating.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines