Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC 2021 x64 and Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

Your approach to installing "supported" versions for Windows 11 is flawed. You've been in the software business for how many years?

The Product Management team (for Acrobat) should try to understand what customers are experiencing and take action to resolve these issues.

I figured I would write this post to help your other customers find everything in one place that I had to search all over - after installing/uninstalling Acrobat Pro DC 2021 32-bit twice.

Uninstall 32-bit Version - Manually Download and Install 64-bit Version

If the x64 version of Acrobat Pro DC is required for Windows 11, why does Creative Cloud insist on installng the 32-bit version? Instead, I have to find the x64-bit installation package, then uninstall the 32-bit version before installing the 64-bit version.

Download Acrobat DC 64-bit for Windows - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installe...

Manually Create Acrobat PDF Printer

And if Acrobat DC 2021 is supported on Windows 11, why does the installer refuse to create the printer?

I see...let me try to create the printer myself using this ridiculous multi-step process where I have to count to the 6th driver in the list, turn around 3 times and touch my nose, while clicking the mouse with my hand behind my back:

Adobe PDF printer is missing | Manually install PDF printer - https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/add...

I love this part...

*** You see many Adobe PDF Converters on the list. Count six down from the top and select the printer. Click Next (you may have to try this multiple times to find the correct Converter from the list that works with your version of Windows).

Acrobat PDF Printer Drivers - Revoked Certificates

But wait - there's more! That process still fails because the drivers that are automatically installed have digital signatures that were revoked!

Unable to install PDF printer | Certificate was revoked or port is unknown - https://helpx.adobe.com...

I've been an Adobe customer for at least 10 years and I'm starting to wonder if Adobe should pay me to run these applications. I can't believe this is the experience with installing one of your flagship products.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THIS FIXES EVERYTHING - GOT THIS WHILE ONLINE WITH ADOBE SUPPORT - GO TO THE LINK BELOW:

LINK TO RESOLVE / MANUALLY CREATE MISSING ACROBAT PDF PRINTER:
Adobe PDF printer missing after installing Acrobat - Solution: Install the latest Acrobat patch.
Applicable products
Acrobat DC (32-bit and 64-bit)
Acrobat 2020
Acrobat 2017

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/adobe-pdf-printer-does-not-install.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If the x64 version of Acrobat Pro DC is required for Windows 11" -- I do not think this is correct. Do you find a statement of this anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO much for these instructions - I've been going round in circles since the Win 11 update!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2023 Feb 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this.  Question - Since getting new laptop w Windows 11, Acrobat won't save PDFs and PDF/X.  See screenshot. Will 64 bit version sort this?  Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to thank you for doing the work you did, and being the support that I should get, when paying adobe for a subscrition, but they can't figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines