• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC can't open pdf file, but browser can

Explorer ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to open a certain PDF file, Acrobat gives me the following error message:

"There was an error opening this document. The file is damaged and could not be repaired."

However, if I right-click on the document and select "Open with [Chrome, Edge, Firefox], it opens and displays perfectly. I even tried downloading it from the browser, but I still get the same error.

Please help.

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release (Classic) | Version 2015.006-30493

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Apologies for the delay in response, I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

Acrobat gives an error when there is a problem with the file. The web browsers use the browser enabled extensions to view the PDF file online.

If the problem still persists, we need some more information for a better understanding.

• Is this the behavior with a particular file or with any file that you want to open?
  • what is the OS/version?
  • Are you connected to a home network or on a work domain?

In the meantime, please try the following steps:

If it doesn't work, please share the file with us through private message for checking at our end. To send the private message please follow the link- How Do I Send Private Message

Do let us know about the results.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same regard with a file. It will open in browser but shows blank and error of it being damaged in Acrobat. Version has been updated and repair completed. Still no avail. This recently stared happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the exact same problem.  This thread doesn't seem to suggest a resolution?  Adobe can you point the community in a direction to resolve what appears to still be an issue for some users in 2023!? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have same issue, which leads us to consider that since we can open in Chrome, why we still need Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ziqing32388577lv9v 

Many factors can prevent a PDF from opening in your browser or on your computer using Acrobat Reader or Acrobat. Try the suggestions in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-open-pdf.html to troubleshoot the problems.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't seem to understand the issue this user is having.

They're capable of opening the file in the browser extension chrome uses, however when they try downloading the file and opening it in Adobe's PDF reader they're unable to. I'm also having this problem. The help link you gave basically just tells them to download Adobe's PDF reader, but that's exactly the thing that isn't working.

It's likely something to do with how Adobe reads files vs. the way the chrome extension does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What is the version of the Acrobat Reader you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.06.20380 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2024 Jan 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines