• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC crashes when processing digital signatures

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have users that are attempting to use Adobe Acrobat DC, Version 20.009.20063, but any time they go to sign a document using a certificate, it shows them their certs, but then crashes before the option to save the document anywhere.  There's no error message, it just closes.  If they attempt to open a document that has already been digitally signed it opens and then immediately closes before it fully loads.  Currently they are using Reader to sign documents instead, but obviously that limits their capabilities, as well as complicates ensuring the users are using the right program for what they need to do.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Erico

Our team is working on the issue and have requested for the fresh logs from the afftected machine.

Please collect the crash logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  and Procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the status on this issue?!

I already told you last time, when I should collecting the logs it is not working.

Adobe Reader DC 32 Bit just crashes and does not open a Crash Collector, even after setting the registry keys which are provided in this article.

Procmon logs are not working too. As soon Procmon asks for elevated rights (our users have normal user accounts without admin privileges) and I provide the admin-account, Adobe Reader will be started within another user context and signing is working. 

It is an user issue.

btw happy new year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this was the only way to get it working

Adobe support was no help and they seem clueless 
Fix (work around)

disable Protected View

1. Choose Preferences.
  2. From the Categories on the left, select Security (Enhanced).
  3. Select the Enable Enhanced Security option.
  4. Choose one of the following options: Off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We too are facing same issue with Reader freezing when trying to apply digital signature using version 21.007.20099.  Is there any updates on the root cause and any work around that we can use to support our users?  This is hampering work critically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that. The new version 21.11.20039 for Adobe Acrobat and Reader DC is now available.

Please update the application from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and see if that works for you.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal, 

We are having the same issue and today we were informed by the Digital Signature Company that Adobe doesn't support the latest version of the digital signature root certificate. I might have gotten this wrong but they said Adobe only supports upto Hierarchy 6 and the latest issued e-signatures are using Hierarchy 7.

Can you share when we can expect this update?

Otherwise we will have to cancel our Adobe Pro and buy a different product.

All the best, 

Cemre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response and to keep you waiting.

You may please share your feedback with the engineering team using the link https://acrobat.uservoice.com/ 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the patch and what can I say - it did not help.

Still the only workaround is disabling enhanced security (don't know the exact english expression, but explained it already on the first page).

Super frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... 

Also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem. Acrobat DC crashes if I try to digitally sign. None of the suggested fixes work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Every time I try to apply a signature with a certificate, Adobe DC immediately crashes. This is apparently a very common and persistent problem which the Adobe team chooses to ignore or does not know how to fix.  If anyone (besides Amal at Adobe, who offers only questions but no answers) has any suggestions, please post them here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists. Please update the application to the recent version 22.1.20085 from the help menu > check for updates and reboot the computer once and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Given that this solution has clearly not resolved the issure for anyone, why do you continue to suggest it year after year? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H there

Please confirm if you are still experiencing the issue with the new version 22.1.20085 also share the version of the OS you are using.

If you continue to get the same issue please collect the Adobe crash logs https://helpx.adobe.com/lu_en/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html, Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and Procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  (Win Only) and share them via Document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem persists. I have followed all your suggestions, updated DC Reader to the latest version and it still crashes when trying to digittally sign. Very frustrating!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

What is the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.120169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once. 

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes I have the recent version 2022.001.20169, 64-bit. Rebooted the computer and it still crashes the program if I try to digitally sign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rokp!

Thank you for reporting this issue.

Could you please confirm if the issue started occurring recently? Or were you experiencing the issue with the older version too?

Would you mind sharing the logs for the issue for further investigation? Share the OS version.

You may use the steps suggested in the following help page to collect the crash logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue started occouring about 3-4 weeks ago, before that I had no issues with digitally singing the documents. I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit. I have created the adobe.dmp file and it's available here:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/c70dc36b-77a2-41e2-53a2-5f804a798176

Regards,
Rok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, I really need a solution to this problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rok,

Would you mind reinstalling the application once?

Please remove the Acrobat and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).

Reboot the machine and reinstall the application from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

If the issue persists, please check if that happens with the PDF from a particular location or any PDF.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed your instructions, uninstalled, cleaned, rebooted, reinstalled from the page you provided... The issue persists, regardless of PDF location... Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Please collect the crash logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via the document cloud link as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html so that we can isolate the issue for the fix.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I all ready did that, see my reply on july 18th!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

sorry but I have to say your answers aren't helpful at all. You are more like a bot, that only has a certain range of answers/suggestions...

We have that issue since a year (do not know exactly anymore) - and the only thing that helps is disabling the "Advanced security" feature (not sure what's the correct english expression, we are using the german version).

(or deleting the complete local user profile - just deleting every appdata adobe folder does not help)

For example I told you, that I was not able to collect the logfiles, because our users do not have administrative privileges and your collector does not work without them. And when I start it with admin privileges, it is running under a different user context and adobe reader works again.

And because of this issue we are really thinking in moving to another pdf reader, what can digitally sign documents without issues.

best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines