• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Dc crashes when zooming on a Mac

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having difficulty zooming in and out using option+Scroll to zoom in PDFs on my Mac with macOS High Sierra. When this happens, the program will display the pinwheel and freeze until I force quit. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the application with no success. The same issue does not occur in the same app on windows. Any advice?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Hi @peterh87093920 

We are sorry to hear that.

Are you on Windows or Mac OS? Also make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 23.08.20533 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

If you are on Mac OS,  Go to Preferences (Cmd+K) >> General >> Select "Show home screen when all documents are closed" Click Ok and reboot the computer once and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the  Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for assuming I haven't already tried everything I found on the forums. Changing the way it looks doesn't change the way it functions. Doesn't matter if I zoom on the mouse or with the menu buttons. As soon as I do it the rendering fails, it blinks like it's trying to figure out what to do, then nothing works. If the excitement at Adobe is that I am going to stop paying $60 a month for your products, then yes, I suppose the future is looking bright over there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists.

Please go to Preferences (Ctrl,Cmd+K) > Page Display > Under Rendering, Select 'Smooth line art', 'Smooth Images', 'Enhance Thin Lines' and Uncheck 'Use Page Cache' > click OK and reboot the application and check.

If it still doesn't work, please share a small video recording of the issue and the the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and Procmon logs (Win Only) https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html  via any cloud storage of your choice for further investigation. 

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unchecking the 'use page cache' looks like to speed up the zooming and don't crash anymore when zooming with the scroll function. However when i try to 'Disable new acrobat' because i don't like the new look, the application crashes. Also there is a message on the top screen that says update for generative AI, please relaunch acrobat.. When i click 'restart acrobat' there, it also crashes and don't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2024 Feb 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @peterh87093920 

We are sorry to hear that.

Are you on Windows or Mac OS? Also make sure you have the application updated to the recent version 23.08.20533 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer.

If you are on Mac OS,  Go to Preferences (Cmd+K) >> General >> Select "Show home screen when all documents are closed" Click Ok and reboot the computer once and check.

If it still doesn't work, please collect the  Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, I'm on a mac, running Sanoma 14.2.1. I have the latest version of Acrobat 23.08.20533.
Your solution of showing the homescreen in the preferences did the job.

Now i can use the old Acrobat experience, thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@peterh87093920 

Glad to hear that the problem has been resolved. For further information on the new Acrobat, please refer to this article.

Please check out this article for more details on the new Acrobat AI assistant.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your fix was unsuccessful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2024 Feb 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Michael35512083p9g7 

Is this an issue with architectural PDF only or with regular PDFs as well? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

If the issue still exists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html , and Crash/freeze logs https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html and  share them via any cloud storage of your choice.

Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only with blueprints. Text files are fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe quality control check its software anymore? This zoom issue has persisted for almost 3 years now on the Mac platform. The suggestions don't help. Please fix the program already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best regards,

Michael Troman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Michael35512083p9g7 

Please share the requested logs and the sample architectural PDF for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines