• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - editing features grayed out, can't highlight, no text box

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this subscription through school. I'm trying to edit a form, was doing just fine a few days ago. I've never been able to figure out the highlighter so I was putting a text box around sentences that were supposed to be highlighted. Now I can't find the editing tool that I used to make the text box, and ALL of the editing tools are grayed out. I haven't done anything any differently. Figuring this out is way more of a pain than completing the actual class work!!! Thanks for any help. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen capture would be helpful.

When you click on the Edit PDF icon, do you see the editing tools?

Are you actually referring to the Commenting tools rather than the Editing tools? If so, click on the Comment icon.

To use the Highlight Text tool, first click on the Commenting tools icon. Then at the top of the window, click the Highlight Text tool. Your cursor should look like an I-Beam. Drag your cursor over the text you want to highlight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I see the editing tools but they are grayed out.

I can click on the highlighting tool and drag it but it doesn't actually highlight.

I don't see anything referring to a commenting box.

Thank you anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your PDF a raster image? In that case it might have pixels that appear to be text but are not actually text, and cannot be selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what a raster image is. But I can add/delete text so I don't think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you read my post carefully.

Yes I see the editing tools but they are GRAYED OUT. 

Yes I see the highlighter, I can click and drag it, but it doesn't highlight. Nothing happens.

As you see there is nothing about COMMENTING on the entire document.

Thank you anyway.form screenshot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara Ash -- Does ANY so-called Adobe Professional ever offer a solution?   You people answer questions with questions but never provide a real solution to any Acrobat DC issue.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

NSS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines