Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC: Extract Table data from Excel to Form

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a table in Excel consisting of about 100 lines of data categorized by 7 columns: NAME, DATE, NUMBER, etc. Most, but not all, of the data fields are populated; some are empty.

I want to get the data into a table format fillable form (created by duplicating fields with a row number qualifier in the names for each row in the table) to which I added text and checkbox fields that are populated and checked off as the data moves through a review process.

I know I can export a tab delimited file from Excel and import but I have two issues:

1 - I only have the option to import one line at a time. This is a deal-killer. It isn't practical to import 100 lines of data with 100 import actions in order to fill the table.

2 - Even if I did, the field has to be the same name as the excel column header. I cannot import 100 rows of fields for NAME, for example, if I have NAMERow1, NAMERow2, etc.

Is what I want to do possible using Acrobat scripts? What would a script look like if that would work?

Thanks,

David

TOPICS
JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Karl.

Give me some script and I can usually mangle it adapt it to my own needs. You've given me the framework to try to make it work.

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines