• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - Files Can't Open. Error Printing

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC through a subscription with Creative Cloud on a Windows 10 computer. I'm running with admin rights. I have other Adobe products like Photoshop and Premiere that are working fine. However, Acrobat will not open any PDFs or even create new ones.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat on my computer. Then used Adobe Acrobat Cleaner tool and then reinstalled Acrobat yet again. I've checked for updates and repaired the installation. Still no joy.

The error I get is: "there was an error opening this document. an error occurred while printing the document"

Doesn't matter how many different documents I try. I can open the documents in Explorer browser so the files themselves should be fine. Acrobat won't even try to create a document. Nothing. Acrobat itself will open but I just get a white screen - the home screen won't even show up any more.

Help please!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that you need to check whether you've made any updates for Windows 10.

There have been instances where Adobe started functioning improperly after the Windows update

Which Windows 10 build do you use?

Have you tried repairing Adobe from the repair option in the help section?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have tried repairing Adobe. I'm on OS Build 18362.592

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kdatgt,

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, you are not able to open, create or print any PDF file and have tried the troubleshooting step with no success.

++ Adding to the discussion

Please try the following steps and see if that helps:

If it still doesn't work, please create a new user test profile with full admin rights or enable the root account for Mac (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) and try installing the application there and check for the issue. 

If it still doesn't work, please collect the log files (https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html) and upload the logs to document cloud (https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/) generate the link and share the link with us for further testing.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I explained above, I have already run the Acrobat Cleaner and reinstalled Acrobat. That did not solve the problem.

Here is the log file: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A5351a38b-3e77-413f-9fad-9c05...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the log files for further investigation. 

Also, wanted to check, have you tried installing the application in a new test user profile with full admin rights or in a root account (For Mac) is it working fine there? Please share the status for a better understanding.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines