• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - How do I get the text in blank form fields to align to the left instead of center?

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a PDF using InDesign and I am trying to use the Prepare Form feature in Acrobat to make it into an editable PDF with both text that can be edited and blank form fields. I want the text in the blank form fields to be Times New Roman and aligned to the left. It currently defaults to the center and uses a different font. How can I fix this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the "Prepare Form Tool" in Acrobat to modify the fields' alignment from center to left and change the font selection.

This is one of many reasons why it is better to add the form fields using Acrobat than InDesign. 

It is even possible to set the default style of the various form Field types in Acrobat so that form fields created with Acrobat have a given style. One needs to create a given type of field, edit it to the style that is wanted, and then right mouse click the field and select "Use Current Style as the New Defaults" from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines