Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC multiple computer installation

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2016 Jul 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If I purchase a licence for Acrobat Pro DC, how many computers can I install this on as standard, and how much would it cost to add users please?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Hi nickyd7717

If you purchase Acrobat Pro DC for a single user or volume license,  you can install it on maximum of two systems and can work on one at a time.

Refer this link for more information : Adobe end-user license agreements FAQ

If you are looking for volume license for multiple users, it is sold via resellers. Refer the links below for more information:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2016 Jul 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install it on two computers, as long as you don't use it at the same time on both machines.

I don't think you can add users. You can purchase additional licenses, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the license is for one person, two computers. Two people need two licenses. If you want more you must either get volume licenses Or use different Adobe IDs. Do not try to add more licenses to one Adobe ID, they will be lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nickyd7717

If you purchase Acrobat Pro DC for a single user or volume license,  you can install it on maximum of two systems and can work on one at a time.

Refer this link for more information : Adobe end-user license agreements FAQ

If you are looking for volume license for multiple users, it is sold via resellers. Refer the links below for more information:

Let us know if you have any query.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the license on two systems with only one being accessed at a time. However, it seemingly deactivated one of my devices and will not allow me to activate to use the same serial number again. Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this (now old!) answer. A natural follow-on: how do I purchase additional licenses for my user ID?

I work in multiple different offices, and prefer desktop computers. Therefore, rather than tote a laptop around, I have setup desks with Surface Studio machines at all my regular workplaces. I have 7 of these setups across multiple countries, and all the other cloud software I use works just fine in this arrangement (e.g. Office 365). I also do have a couple of laptop/tablet machines I use now and then, plus of course iPad's and iPhones. To be clear, I am the only person who uses any of these machines, so it will be rare that more than one will be in use at a time (it is conceivable that I will have a Studio and a laptop open on the same desk at the same time, but pretty rarely). 

I understand that your terms allow for only two installations, which is disappointing but understood. Here's my question: how do I give you money to increase this number? I don't want to have to create a different Adobe ID for every two machines I use, because I want things like my digital signature and whatnot to sync correctly. So, how do I buy additional licenses and add them on to my Adobe ID? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the exact question I have.  Why can't we add an addtional computer rather than make the user create a new account?  We would gladly pay for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, why don't you answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mostly a user-to-user forum. 

Options:

• You can get a Teams account and add users. You can change the licenses to different users as needed. I think there is a minimum of two licenses required. 
  • If you want lots of extra users of Acrobat Pro, you need to contact the enterprise licensing.

Individual licenses require individual logons. This could be a problem for a business--if the company paid for the year in advance and the employee leaves, the employee "owns" the license. 

A quick google search brought up this page:

https://www.adobe.com/acrobat/pricing/business.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to say, this does not address the question it's responding to; the request isn't to add more users, it's to allow a single human to use multiple computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't confuse activations with installations. 

You can install a single user license on as many computers as you want, but only two can be activated at once. 

I have my CC installed on my tower, three windows laptops and one mac. 

When  I try to use one that isn't activated, the software asks me to deactivate one of the systems. I can do this on the computer I'm on--I don't have to start up the other system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

I hereby assert my non-confusion, and desire for an answer to my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>it's to allow a single human to use multiple computers.

I'm pretty sure I answered this question.

I'm missing something here...

Are you asking about having ALL the installations activated at the same time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. When one tries to use the next computer, one must always deactivate a previous one, and reactivating is tedious. I'm simply looking to increase the number from 2 to a greater number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You CANNOT have more than one subscription of Acrobat on the same email account. This is what you want but you can't have it. This is not a bad--or a new--idea. It just isn't an option. 

You can simply get another email account (such as Gmail) and use that account on other computers. 

OR 

Get a Teams subscription. (I'm pretty sure you can't assign multiple licenses to the same email, so you would have to use two emails for your Adobe accounts anyway. The only major advantage is the larger, shared Cloud storage; the disadvantage is the extra cost per subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed I'm asking Adobe to do something new. I think it may be something different than multiple accounts - I believe I'm asking to have the option to pay more money to increase the number of activations (my apologies, as you pointed out, not installations) from 2 to >2. Perhaps adobe UXR will scour these pages looking for easy ways to collect more money. I'll be ready with my credit card when they do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I second this request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It certainly seems like a simple programming "fix" to change the permitted number of simultaneous "activiations" from "2" to "3" or some other number based on the price point the user is willing to pay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is basically what a Teams subscription allows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you say more? So you could log in with one account and activate on 3+ machines?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't word that very clearly - you could log in with the same account on 3+ machines and keep all of them active/activated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key is allowing more than two "activations" that is important.  For example, we have 4 employees each with their own Named User License.  If each user has two "activations" and one is used on their office workstation and and the second is used on their home system for occasional remote work there are no more "activations" available to allow them to use Acrobat Pro DC on a SHARED laptop that each has access to.  One Adobe sales rep recommended we purchase a Shared Device License for the shared laptop but then another rep stated that Shared Device Licenses are only available to K12 and educational institutions!

Having my users manually deactivate one of their existing activations just to temporarily activate their license on a shared laptop is a cumbersome headache that is ripe for error and confusion!

Why Adobe doesn't offer more than two "activations" per license for an additional fee seems extremely short sighted.  My sistuation is forcing me to look into other PDF options since I need to have PDF creation tools available on the shared laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For us it's about only requiring the users to have ONE email address tied to their license and being able to use more than two computers/devices to access their subscription tools.  No matter how many "activations" the user has they will only ever be able to "sign in" on one device at a time, which is appropriate.  But some users need access to the tools on more than two devices and the "activiation/deactivation" process all but prevents this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question: What is the need for all 3+ activations on one account? Is it to share all files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's simply about the signatures sync'ing. I don't use the Adobe cloud; but I suspect others may. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines