• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC READING OUT LOUD stops at end of line hyphens

New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to set reading to ignore end of line hyphens?  For example, if a two syllable word at the end of the line is broken by a hypen, it will read the first syllable and stop reading (unless the fuction is set to READ THIS PAGE ONLY or READ TO THE END OF DOCUMENT).  I need to be able to read a paragraph at a time.   

Thank you

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Hi, 

Thanks for contacting us. We are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the coming releases.

For now, you can simply read the document via View -> Read Out Loud -> Clicking Read this page only OR Read to End of Document option. This will read the document continuously without interruption. Feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Rachit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Thanks for contacting us. We are aware of this issue and it will be fixed in the coming releases.

For now, you can simply read the document via View -> Read Out Loud -> Clicking Read this page only OR Read to End of Document option. This will read the document continuously without interruption. Feel free to contact us.

Thanks

Rachit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I have been using read out loud feature for quite some time comfortably. However, recently I started facing an issue. When I select - Read to the end of the document, the reader automatically stops after read one page only. How to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have the same problem but Read Out stop reading at the end of each line. I need to click on the next  line to read it and it stop at the end and so on. Any idea. Thanks in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this helps someone. I had the same issue (Read aloud stops after one page). I discovered the "Reading" preference setting "Screen Reader Options" for large documents. Open the dropdown and select "Read the entire document"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines