• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Repeatedly Hanging After Opening Several PDFs

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2022 Mar 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my users was recently moved onto a more recent Lenovo laptop from an aged HP (both on 64 bit Win 10). No matter what I do, Acrobat Pro DC freezes for 15-20 seconds after opening 3-4 PDFs, or possibly after opening a PDF after a certain amount of time has passed since the first one was opened (after extensive testing it's still tough to say for sure which is the case). The user in question pretty much goes through 100+ documents a day in her position, so this is a huge hit to productivity and frankly shouldn't be tolerated anyway. This also applies if she just right clicks on a pdf and chooses to print it.

To be clear, her older HP laptop with signifigantly worse specs does not have this issue. So it's not performance related. We do use cloud software, Syncplicity, and most of the files are stored there so that may be related but again, this was true for the older laptop as well. She's also one of the few users in our company at this point still on an HP, the rest are all on Lenovo and no one else has reported a similar issue.

Here's a list of all my troubleshooting steps otherwise (not necessarily in order):
- I tried repairing, then fully reinstalling Acrobat.
- I upgraded from 32 bit Acrobat to 64.

- I googled similar issues, tried some registry changes as well as every Adobe setting I could think of that would be related.

- Her Windows profile was transfered to a newer laptop that had previously been used, so I tried starting from a fresh user account instead. Same issue.
- I tried reinstalling Windows 10. 
- I moved her to an even newer model of Lenovo laptop. Same issue.

I'm having her do one more test, to confirm if the problem still happens when opening files ONLY saved locally, but regardless she needs to ultimately be able to open the files via the cloud service. I've supplied all the info I think is relevant, but feel free to ask for any thing else.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I hope Tristen can report back the findings of further tests. A client of ours is having multiple issues with PDF running through Syncplicity (cloud), one of the main issues is adding heaps of comments on PDF resulting in PDF crashing and losing all annotations and comments although AutoSave is on as they claim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines