Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC start up problem macOS Monterey

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community,

I upgraded macOS to the latest version (on 11-29) and tried to install Acrobat Pro DC via creative cloud later on.

Acrobat is installed sucessfully, however when I launch the app a pop up screen is re-loading all the time (I waited aprox 10minutes to see if this is a start up problem). I also tried twice to uninstall and install Acrobat however the pop up window problem remains during every launch try of acrobat.

Also tried already to delete the adobe temporary files under ...user/library.../Adobe. Doesn't solve the pop up window problem.

Other Apps like Lightroom, ... are starting without problems.

Any hints what else can be done to get acrobat starting on macOS Monterey?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nelli

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you get a pop up screen om the launch of the application that is reloading all the time. 

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the issue or a screenshot of the pop up screen for a better understanding?

Has this problem started after you updates the Mac OS?

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that works. You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or  enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

We are here for help, just need more info.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

thanks very much for reaching out to me.

The problem occured right from the beginning I installed Acrobat on my new MacBook Air.

After unboxing I upgraded macOS to the latest version and afterwards I installed adobe apps.

I also tried restarts several times, as well as a new test admin user. On the test user the same pop up screens after acrobat registration occured.

Please see attached two screenshots of pop ups they keep re-occuring about every 15s. 

Regards,

Nelli

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nelli

Thanks for sharing the details. This issue is already reported to ur engineering team and they ar eworking on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same problem with Acrobat Reader DC since updating to my Mac to Monterey (12.0.1).  I am unable to view any .pdf files.

Same result by Opening the Reader app or trying to open any .pdf document.

It locks up the use of the computer, the only way to gain use of the computer is to "force quit".... so effectively there is no viewing or use of any .pdf files any longer.

Hopefully, this can be quickly resolved?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also getting The application "Adobe Acrobat" can't be opened. after installing Monterey yesterday.

When I open Word, I also get the following errors:

Run-time error '53':

File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM

However, Word still works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ryan

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

The issue you have is not the same as the other issues above. Request you to please start a new dicussion thread in Acrobat pro DC board https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/ct-p/ct-acrobat?page=1&sort=latest_replies&tabid=all

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

It is 2023, over a year since Nelli posted the issue and I am still having the same issue.  Can we please get an update on a fix?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe acrobat pro and i upgrade to mac os monteray and my adobe isnt working anymore. I use my adobe to edit documents, that is it. This is the error i get below. 

The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro is what i have and its not working with mac montery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a 64-bit OS and 32-bit software. Upgrade your software or downgrade your OS. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the exactly same problem! I do need to be able to open and work with pdf files. When do you think this bug will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too need to open and edit and sign work files. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Parul

Acrobat XI is an old and EOL application and not supported with the latest Mac or Windows OS.  Please try to use the OS wich is supported for Acrobat XI as shared in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/system-requirements-old-versions.html

Hope this information will help

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am on mac os monterey, i cannot go back. should i get DC or propriety 2020 one if i only use to edit document, sign, and print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You may go for Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat 2020 depending upon the usage. For more information please check the help pages listed below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/faq-acrobat-2020.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC not wokring with Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try uninstalling Acrobat and reinstalling it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the work for you Creamer? I'm about to try that, the issue is Uninstaller also doesn't work, so I will have to manually delete Adobe which isn't the best either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like they are pushing everyone to the Cloud Version, will we still have an App on the Desktop or that's been discontinued?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION TO ALL OF YOU, DELETE THE CURRENT VERSION YOU HAVE OF ADOBE, DOWNLOAD THEIR CLOUD APP AND REINSTALL ACROBAT FROM THERE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>Did the work for you Creamer? 

I didn't have too. My system is working fine. 

>>>will we still have an App on the Desktop

Virtually all of the software is installed on one's computer; it does not exist in the Cloud. That is for file storage--if you want, but it is not a requirement. 

>>DELETE THE CURRENT VERSION...

I THINK THAT'S PRETTY MUCH WHAT I SAID. 

Are you really sure you had the DC version of Acrobat Pro? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. Adobe Acrobat Pro, migrated to a new mac laptop with Monterey OS / 12.3.1. Adobe installs but then stays stuck at a blank "login" screen. I've already wasted two serial numbers trying to fix it and am super frustrated. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION

Hi guys - I have had exactly the same issue since installing MacOS Monterey and the solution is as follows:

1. Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud (you'll have to uninstall any connected apps)

2. Uninstall Adove Acrobat DC

3. Re-download Adobe Acrobat DC

4. Hey Presto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe,
I am afraid, but to uninstall Creative Cloud etc. is inacceptable. Adobe Acrobat DC and Monthery OS are products by mega-companies. They should solve the problem that is just annoying. Since the problem persists since many months, users should not be forced to find workarounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines