• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is failing to quickly recognize and open PDF files.  This started after the August 2, 2022 update.  When will this annoyance be resolved?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "failing to quickly recognize and open PDF files", exactly? Do the files not open when you double-click them? If so, what happens? And does it work if you open them in the application directly, via File - Open? Also, what's your OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Adobe Acrobat DC keeps crashing. I double click and it opens for a few seconds and then closes out. I have the latest version on the Creative Cloud Desktop. My IT support has been working on it for over a  week now. It works for them under their Admin rights but not for me as a user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having issues opening PDF files that I have previously never had a problem with. I am getting the following error message with literally hundreds of PDF files:

Adobe Acrobat could not open 'FILENAME REMOVED.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
To create an Adobe PDF document, go to the source application. Then choose Save as Adobe PDF from the PDF dropdown in the Print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines