Acrobat Pro (Design Standard C6) stalls every time

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have un installed, rebooted and then re installed the software with no improvement.  Adobe help says the software is not supported anymore because it's dicontinued ( which is wrong because it's a product I paid the a good price for)  I'm running Windows11 and the software is Design Standard Suite C6.  Acrobat is the only problem.  Anyone have a solutioon?  Or can anyone suggest a free PDF editing software?  Thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> ( which is wrong because it's a product I paid the a good price for)

That's not relevant. The application you're trying to use (Acrobat X, if I'm not mistaken) is old and no longer supported by Adobe. It's also not officially compatible with Windows 11, so problems are to be expected.

To increase the chances of it working run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7, and make sure to install all available updates to it, up to 10.1.16
Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/10.x/
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines