• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat pro disappeared

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to open a file with adobe acrobat this week to edit it.  But the program was gone, and only Acrobat Reader DC was there.  I dug around, and see that all files in the Acrobat program file are dated 11/8, about when my other program disappeared.  Can anyone help me?  This is an older computer, and I don't have disks to reinstall, or a DC subscription.  Looks like an Adobe-pushed update gone horribly wrong. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe just told me "version 9 which is no longer supported so i would recommend you to visit forums.adobe.com and get further help.

Worst customer support ever.  They removed something from my computer that was working, and this is what they tell me? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this just happened to me as well.  I've had the full version of Acrobat for years but it just wasn't there when I went to edit a PDF today.  "Adobe Acrobat DC" is showing as "New" in my Start Menu.  I've had Acrobat Reader installed alongside Acrobat Standard for a long time.  I saw a reference in the Reader forum that a Reader DC update may have done this inadvertently.  Like you, I'm not sure I could even locate the original media.

Very disappointed if Adobe basically just stole my paid-for version of Acrobat and won't do anything to replace it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A little more information: Wonder of wonders, I found my Acrobat 9 Standard install disk and license key.

Unfortunately, when I tried to install it, the error given was "Setup has detected that you already have a more functional product installed.  Setup will now terminate."

That's not true, though, because the Acrobat Reader DC I've got doesn't allow the editing functions I had available in Acrobat 9 Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same experience.  I've had Acrobat 9 Standard for years and have transferred it from PC to PC as I replaced/upgraded pc's and have never had a problem.  Now they disable it with any solution.  HORRIBLE LACK OF SUPPORT or care for their customers.  I paid about $100 for this product that still worked fine until this week.  That stinks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this page when my Acrobat Pro seemed to have (OK, definitely!) disappeared... Thank you all for reassuring me I wasn't alone! 

@ReverendTed, thanks to your description of having a "more functional product," I tried uninstalling DC and rebooting first before attempting to reinstall Pro. It worked! Adobe files on my comp also remembered the SN# so I didn't have to go looking for that.

Hope this helps someone! I will NOT be reinstalling DC, in case anyone's wondering 😉

Ellen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, now it's constantly crashing. 😞 I'll update if I solve the issue. I'm inclined to look for an alternative. Like everyone else, it worked fine until it was removed without my approval or notification. ~E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines