Acrobat Pro displaying pdf in strange font

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since I upgraded to Acrobat Pro, some pdfs are displayed in a strange font.  If I open the same pdf in Chrome or Outlook they appear "normal".

The left side of the attached image shows the "nomal" font when viewed in Chrome.  The right side is what is appearing in Acrobat Pro.

This is not happening with just one document.  It is with several.  Others that open the document in Acrobat on their computer see the "normal" version.

I've tried turning off and on "smooth text". Have uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat.  No luck so far.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I finally figured this out. So, in case anyone else has the same issue, here is my fix.

Open the pdf that is displaying in a weird font. File -> Properties -> Fonts tab

Look at the list of fonts. Anything that does not say "embedded" next to it is the problem font(s). 

Find the font online and install it into windows.  Makes sure Acrobat preferences has "Use local fonts" ticked. 

Restart your computer and you should be good to go.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines