Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro Keyboard shortcuts to Combine files

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am working on trying to automate combining specific PDf files into 1 file using Acrobat Pro DC. Is there keybords commands to combine files, it looks like just able to mouse click. I can open the files in Acrobat but no keyborad key to hit the combine buttons. any help would be aprreciated.

Thanks

Trevor 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Hi,

The quickest way to do this using the keyboard is by going old school. 

When you open Acrobat access the File Menu via keyboard shortcut using "ALT+F" then hit letter "R"  then hit letter "M"

This is the keyboard shortcut sequence to open up the Combine Files Tools without using the mouse.

If you like learning shell scripting or batch programming you can automate this keyboard sequence as a keyboard gesture using AutoHotkey. Download it and install it, learn how to use,  and get creative.

Bu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately not.
And worse: in Acrobat the keyboard shortcut editor is still science fiction…

😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks...I was hoping...I will need to find another app that will combine PDF files with some keyboard shortcuts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't exactly what you're asking... but in Windows, one can select multiple files, right-click and choose Combine Files in Acrobat... 

combine.jpg

My keyboard has a right-click key, so I can tap it and use the arrow keys to get to the Combine command.

One can also drag files into the Pages panel of an existing PDF to combine pages/docs with intended precision of page location, etc.

You can also build a custom Action that is pretty easy to call up when you need to do the same tasks repeatedly.  I hope something here is helpful.

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Thank you for your help.  It didn't answer the question properly however, it showed thinking out of the box and it saved me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The quickest way to do this using the keyboard is by going old school. 

When you open Acrobat access the File Menu via keyboard shortcut using "ALT+F" then hit letter "R"  then hit letter "M"

This is the keyboard shortcut sequence to open up the Combine Files Tools without using the mouse.

If you like learning shell scripting or batch programming you can automate this keyboard sequence as a keyboard gesture using AutoHotkey. Download it and install it, learn how to use,  and get creative.

But the sequence above is what you need. Very simple.

This used to be taught in computer repair classes back in the day when a mouse was broken and only keyboard was working.

With your left-hand thumb press the ALT key and hit F with your left index finger;  it will quickly open up the File Menu; release your left thumb from the ALT key while moving up your left index finger one letter above letter F  which in this case is R , hit it once to open up the "Create File" submenu.

Last, hit once with your right index finger letter M which will open up the Combine Files Tools. That's it.  It takes less than a second to perform this sequence.

Just remember: (ALT+F) --> R  -->  M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! How do you navigate to the Combine Files button from that point using only the keyboard? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Grace36501166nkrw ,

You navigate using the keyboard shortcut sequence :

ALT+F + R + M

Or just hit ALT+F , it will open the File Menu (if you have it enabled), and you may use the arrow keys to navigate through the main menu and sub-menus.

If you notice, every item that is listed on each menu will have a letter underlined.

For example, if you open the File menu, looke at the word "Create"; letter "r" appears uderlined, indicating that if you press thebletter "r" on your keyboard it will open the next sub-menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines