Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro lagging after each action in Prepare Form

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As the title suggests, after everything I do in Prepare Form (ie add a Textbox, move something, change something's size, etc) there is a second or two of lag. This doesn't happen in any other mode in Acrobat, just Prepare Form. I thought at first that my PDF was getting too large/complex (there are a lot of calculations and simple Java Scrip stuff going on) but even on a fresh page it does this.

Never used to have this problem making the exact same things with Acrobat (Tabletop character sheets) in the past, this is a very recent issue.

I have updated to the latest version, I have disabled andvanced security measures, and I have disabled Page Cache in the rendering options (all things I've read to do from other, similar, posts).

Any help would be appreciated,

Zach

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

One thing to try: Go to Edit - Preferences - Forms and make sure that "Automatically adjust tab order when modifying fields" is NOT ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ZHEUSS 

Sorry to hear about the trouble caused, and thanks for reporting the issue to us. 

Would you mind confirming the exact version you are currently working on? 

Open Acrobat>help>About Acrobat (Win) ORAdobe Acrobat>About Adobe Acrobat (Mac)

As mentioned, the application is updated to the latest version. So, Open Acrobat>help>repair Installation (Windows only) and check back.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @AkanchhaS,

The current version I have is 2023.001.20064. I am currently running the "repair installation" tool but it didn't change anything, the lag is still happening.

Thanks,

Zach

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to try: Go to Edit - Preferences - Forms and make sure that "Automatically adjust tab order when modifying fields" is NOT ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@try67, you're a gentleman and a scholar! That has done it, no more lag!

Thanks so much 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear it, and thanks for the nice compliment!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines