• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro only scanning first page

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, i have used adobe for years and suddenly today the program will only scan and transfer the first page of a multiple page document. i can find a preset of configuration option that will tell adobe to scan and transfer all pages to a pdf doc. Does anyone know what changes this issue?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

I encountered this problem tonight with a brand new Brother MFC-J6540DW and Adobe Acrobat Pro 2024.001.20604. When I found this thread, my first reaction was: Over five years have passed, and it's still broken. Yuck.

But I was able to solve the problem by selecting a different driver.

My initial failure was with the one named "WIA-Brother MFC-J6540DW (94ddf809.1.0...". (There are more characters in the name, but it's in a list that truncates them and can't be resized.)

I chose "TW-Brother MFC-J6

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi anthony953,

As per the description mentioned above, you are facing issue when trying to scan multiple pages into a pdf using Acrobat, could you try clicking "Prompt to scan more pages check box" option under Settings. Please refer to the steps given in the following help document for the same: Scan documents to PDF, Adobe Acrobat

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shivam,

I don't think you're understanding the scope of the issue. Previously, we could load a stack of 20 pages into our scanner, tell Acrobat to scan, and it would scan every page in the scanner's ADF. However, now it has gotten to where it still feeds every single page through the ADF, says it is scanning all of them (even counts them on the wait box) but it only processes and adds the first page to the file. This has only recently started happening to me as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Please mark as unresolved and unsolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue in Acrobat 2020.009.20063. Multiple Pages loaded into Feeder results in only the first page in Acrobat, all other pages are scanned but ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat.

I have checked my printer.

Nothing has changed over the weekend that would have caused this.  

If I put in a stack of pages, it will only scan the first page.

HELP!  I need to scan and can't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue on version 2020.009.20063. Reinstall and repair has not fixed the problem. Have tried every scanning option avaiable. Only ONE page is processed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a similiar problem. It scans 4 pages then gets locked up while "optimizing". Is there a registry fix? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the original question was from 2018 my guess is Shivam doesn't work there anymore. I am also getting the same problem for multiple users. Has anyone found a cure for this? I've just been installing the old version of acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same! Have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Acrobat Pro, no updates available, restarted computer. Mine will only feed 2 pages through and shows page one only in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JULIA28517449ca35 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to keep you waiting.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat DC and the OS you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.01.2017X. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit (Win), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' > Click OK and reboot the computer.
Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just noticed this issue as well after Windows 10 had a recent update this week. Even after checking "Prompt to scan more pages" it will run all the pages through and only display the first page, then ask if the scan is complete or to add more pages to scan. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can add my name to the lengthening list of "same problem".  Not only does the multi-page scan stop at the first page, but the application hangs, and can only be stopped with Windows Task Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing the exact same issue.... it pulls all the pages, then only loads 1.  You have to close Adobe using task manager.  We are using Fujitsu 7160s with the latest drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is not resolved and happens on multiple PCs using the latest version of Acrobat from Creative Cloud. I am using a Brother DSmobile 720d. The scanner will scan all of the pages I feed in, but will only transfer the first page. It will sometime include the second page if that page was on a two sided original and I have duplex scanning enabled. I have used Acrobat with this scanner for at least 2 years on multiple PCs and have not had this issue. This issue began as early as this week for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

We are sorry for the trouble. This issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it to find the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we will hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a client with this issue. As a work around, we installed TWAIN drivers for the scanner and used that within Adobe instead. It gives a slightly different interface, but it's functional until this issue is patched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thanks for your time and patience and for your cooperation on this.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat version 20.009.20065, please install the latest update from the help menu of the application>select check for updates, reboot application and try scanning.

For detailed information about the latest update, please see the Release notes.

Please let us know if you experience any issues.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this new update of 20.009.20065 installed but I am still getting this issue. I put multiple items in to scan, and it feeds them all through the feeder yet only scans the first page. I then have to individually feed each and every page, and if it's double sided, I have to scan both sides seperate. This is very infurriating as it makes my job take 5x longer to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also still experiencing this issue with update 20.009.20065.

edit: Nevermind, it is working now. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it works for you! 🙂 To bad I'm still having issues lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed latest update & still only scans 1 page (or 2 pages at most).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope... I have 20067 newly installed and this DOESN'T WORK.  Same issue as everyone else.  20 pages in doc feeder and it only saves first page!!!  This is rediculous.  Going back to PDFxchange which works flawlessly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines