• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro scans 1st page letter size but additional pages margins are cut to content

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - Not sure why, but all of a sudden, but when scanning documents from Acrobat Pro - page 1 scans as requested - letter size. But all of the additional pages have their margins cropped to the content.

For example, I have a 3 paragraphs in a text box on page 2, it is scanned OK but then once the scan is complete, Acrobat trims the page so it is no longer letter sized, just the 3 paragraphs.

Then page 3 has a table that is about half the page and after scan, Acrobat trums the page so the page is only the table, it is no longer letter size, more 4x6 not 8.5x11. This happens when scanning forms too.

Lastly, you will see page 4 has the same content on page 1 but Acrobat has trimmed it / cut the margins.

Can't find a fix. Microsoft scan and HP scan don't have that problem, but don't scan as well. Any ideas? (See attached file for example.)

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , Modern Acrobat , PDF , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this, even with other brands, when the software auto-detected the scanning area. I had to set it to a fixed page size. I had to do it for every page when my scanner was 'manual feed' after changing the page ion the glass. My scanner is now with a page feeder which helps a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Eric - thanks for responding. I too use a printer with a feeder and select "letter size" when scanning. Just as Acrobat finishes the scan, all looks OK and then 2 seconds later, auto trims. WEIRD and can't find a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines