• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro thinks files are open that are not / commenting issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat version 2022.003.20282, auto-updates are turned on.

In my Engineering job I am a heavy user of Acrobat to create pdfs for the parts / assys that we manufacture.  We make heavy use of commenting tools (text boxes, lines, arrows, circles, rectangles).  We have been using Acrobat for this purpose for approaching 2 decades I'd say.  I often have multiple pdfs open at once, and often cut / pasting commenting items from one pdf to another. 

The current version is exhibiting some buggy behaviors that are interrupting my normal workflow, and a break from the behavior / performance I've come to expect from Acrobat, borne out over decades:

• Multiple times a day I have my sytem think a pdf is open that is no longer open (I realize when I go to move or delete the file).  To remedy I have to close every pdf I have open, so Acrobat fully closes, then I can delete / move.  This takes me out of my workflow / train of thought.
  • Note that I have my Acrobat configured to open each in its own window (not in tabs).
  • Sometimes when I place a new text box, Acrobat will not let me move that text box.  To remedy this I have to close every pdf I have open, then reopen the one where I want to move the note, and then I am able to do this.  This takes me out of my workflow / train of thought.
  • There are many times where we cut/paste a group of text boxes / circles / arrows, and historically the relative positioning of these items would be maintained when pasting.  Now this is not always the case--items will change their relative positions to each other.  This is a degradation of performance that slows me down.
  • Another more minor point is I will say I am not a fan of the quite large circular handles that are now on text boxes / commenting items.  They used to be smaller and less obtrusive.  Having the handles larger often makes it hard to select items that are in a cluster together, requiring further zooming in than was the case. 

Maybe I should break these items up into multiple tickets, but will post this nonetheless.  Thank you for any attention this may receive..

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Hi @bat336 

Please do try the other suggested steps and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes..

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @bat336 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,

Thank you for the response.  To answer some questions you posed:

• This happens on multiple pdfs. 

• It happens to files that are both on the server and are on my local hard drive.  These issues never happened with previous versions of Acrobat.

I can try the other solutions you offer, and continue assessing whether these undesirable behaviors continue.

I'm not sure why your response was given the status 'Correct Answer', since nothing that you offered has been verified to have worked for me yet, and your response does not directly address any of the faulty behaviors I outlined..

Thank you,

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @bat336 

Please do try the other suggested steps and see if that works for you.

Let us know how it goes..

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines