• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro tool tips are not displaying

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating fill in text fields. I have added verbiage to the tool tips in the properties box. The tip verbiage does not display. How can I fix this please? I have tried deleting and creating from scratch and that does not work. 

Thank You!

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How (and where) did you test it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saved it and opened it in Chrome Browser and Edge Browser. It allows me to type into it, and I also have a drop-down that works. It is just the tooltip that does not display on the text field. I don't have Adobe Reader to test and others who will use the form may not either. 

Thank you for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This browsers doesn't supports tooltips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report this issue to the developers of the PDF plugins in those browsers. It has nothing to do with Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will find many, many more limitations if you choose to not use Reader, and to not insist your audience use Reader. Consider using HTML forms instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Adobe reader and that does not work correctly either. I have to get this project done for a corporate client and this is torture! Can you recommend an HTML form that can be emailed, filled in, then returned?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should completely forget about emailing forms. This is a disaster, and not suitable for any important or professional form. Forms should be submitted. Offerings like "Google forms" can take care of it all for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a common misnomer about .pdf documents associated with browsers and email which should not affect your desire or goal to crate forms for Acrobat with working tooltips you would covey through these programs.  In that approach, it is most commonly on the USER side - completely misunderstanding that developers of browsers and email utilize their own brand/choice of visualizers - a software app or module to display .pdf, .docx, .xls etc., rather than those files native viewers or source software.  The reason is simple, they do not know if you have those programs, so to assist, and provide turnkey easy solutions, they add these modules so you can see the basic item, in your email or browser without downloading and launching something else.  The problem, is they simply don't support all the features.

That said, I AM USING Acrobat DC, and have the VERY SAME problem where tool tips DO NOT APPEAR at all in Acrobat or Reader.  Everything else is fine, so I am also looking for a solution as to what the cause might be.

Thoughts anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my own post:  Similarly uninformed after allll these years, I presumed a Tooltip would appear in the field box area, in light gray and then disappear when you click in to start typing.  No, duh, it appears when your mouse point hovers.  SO, the next question is: "is there a way to do what I said, about grealine text in the field box, that is there 24/7 to help?" Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, two different technologies. Tooltips have always been "yellow boxes on mouse hover", in general use not just PDF. But what about the thing you talk about (which was a great invention): grey text that sits in a box until you type something? These are called placeholders by Apple and in web pages, and Microsoft call it "textual cue, or tip". This wasn't invented when PDF forms were invented, so there is nothing to do it directly in PDF forms. But there are ways to do it with actual grey text that actually disappears - see the link in try67's reply on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines