• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro won't open object for editing in choosen application

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select a few objects with the edit object tool and right click to choose edit objects, I get an alert reading: Acrobat cannot start the object editing application you've specified. Verify the object editing application location on the TouchUp panel in Preferences. I have triple checked and I have my Photoshop program selected for the Image Editor and my Illustrator program selected for the Page/Object Editor. Why won't it allow me to open objects in these programs?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.
I looked everywhere and couldn't find a solution to the problem. My Acrobat was updated today, but the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any fix for this yet? I'm using the latest version of Acrobat and Photoshop and nothing is working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No 😞
Adobe heeeeeeeelp us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this working, at least currently by in preferences - security enhanced, turning off, "enable protected mode at startup"

See if that works, I also updated my security certs in Trust Managers, which restarted Acrobat, and after that Photoshop opened as normal when I used edit image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOSH! it worked. Thank uuuuuu!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

It's good all the experts weighed in to help us isn't it 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, that also fixed it for me. MANY THANKS!

I've had this problem for what feels like a few years now!

Adobe... where are you????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Thomas Charnock,

works great

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't thank you enough!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too! You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been all over the help pages even getting to a page in the help that stated Adobe is aware of the issue. At this time there is no fix. from back in 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2023 Jul 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like you're experiencing an issue with opening objects in Photoshop and Illustrator through the "Edit Objects" option in Adobe Acrobat. Despite having selected the respective programs as your Image Editor and Page/Object Editor in the Preferences, you're encountering an error message stating that Acrobat cannot start the object editing application.

To troubleshoot this problem, there are a few steps you can try:

1. Confirm software compatibility: Ensure that the versions of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator you are using are compatible with each other. Incompatibilities between versions may cause issues with object editing.

2. Verify file associations: Check that your computer's file associations are correctly set. This ensures that Acrobat recognizes Photoshop and Illustrator as the default programs for editing pants  images and objects. You can do this through the operating system's settings or preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines