Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Professional 2015 Redemption code not working

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am posting on behalf of another user (I work in IT).

My Client purchased an Acrobat Professional License in 2016 and has been using it ever since. It was purchased as a card, and it is activated through a product code and redemption code.

She recently got a new computer, and followed the instructions to download the program once more (navigate to https://www.adobe.com/go/getserial, enter the redemption code, hit the download button.)

Once the download button was clicked, we received an error saying that the Installation is not available anymore.

We emailed the email address listed (FDRedSupport@arvato-scs.com), who directed me to adobe support, who advised me to create a forum post here. How would we be able to download and activate her Professional license on her new computer?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Products are not activated by a redemption code. Rather, the redemption code is used just once, and this gives a serial number. It is this serial number which must be saved for use in a reinstall: it is useless to go to the redemption page a second time (even if you could redeem the code of something so old).

You need to use the original installation of Acrobat Pro 2015, as downloaded, with the serial number then granted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

As far as I know, that is the case for some of the adobe products. However, for the card she bought, these are the instructions

1.    Go to www.adobe.com/go/getserial and sign in with your Adobe ID and password. If you don’t have an Adobe ID, click Create an Adobe ID and follow the onscreen instructions.

2.    Enter the 24-digit alphanumeric redemption code you received in the email and click Redeem.

3.    Depending on your product, a serial number appears, a download link appears, or both.

4.    Make note of your serial number and click Download to begin installing your product.

During step 3, the download link appears. Upon clicking that download link, we get an error, saying the download is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those instructions seem normal and correct. They do not say you can follow them more than once, especially after 7 years have elapsed (but even a week later they could not be followed again). I would have expected that, in step 3, a download link AND serial number both appeared. It was the user's responsibility to carefully preserve both the serial number (as advised in step 4) and the download. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Even if we have a serial number, we do not have the download. She has received a new computer and that is why we need to redownload it. I was wondering if there was a solution so she could continue to use her license - it does not make sense for her to have to re-purchase it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Even if we have a serial number,"  So, do you actually have the serial number, or not?

If the user registered their purchase it should show up in their Adobe account, and sometimes Adobe adds a link to the account. The public download was removed when Acrobat 2015 went out of support years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines