Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Acrobat Reader DC stopped working, Error 206 on Mac No Firewall

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden, my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC cannot open any pdf. I tried help - look for updates, but got error 206, can't connect to server. My computer can access the internet. The Firewall is off. 

The only help I've found on this topic applies to PC. My firewall is set to off, so it's not that. 

I'm not in the same galaxy as IT, so if you have any suggestions, please adapt it to the most basic understanding. 

Mac OS Mojave v 10.14.6

Acrobat Reader DC 2021.005.20058

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the error 206 and the error message 'Unable to connect to internet'

Do you have the TrendMicro security software installed on your system? If yes, please check the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/cant-verify-your-subscription-status.html

Also please check your connection to Adobe servers and try resetting the host files manually as described in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal:

I have never heard of TrendMicro Security Software. I assume I don't have it. 

I followed the second link. I can connect to the Adobe server, because I got both the Adobe icons. However, the next suggestion was to activate my app by signing in. I am using a Mac, and when I open Adobe Acrobat, it does not ask me to sign in. It just opens, just like Word or Excel. 

The following suggestion was 

"Start a web browser and open one of the following links, depending on the version of your product:

I have Acrobat Reader DC 2021.005.20058. Which one of these am I supposed to use? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the information. Please select 'Creative Cloud' link and proceed with the onscreen instructions and check.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since that did not work, I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat DC and then reinstalled it. When I click on the installer, I get the error message "no such file or directory." I started a new post with this problem. 

I urgently need to be able to read pdf, related to our business. I need help ASAP solving this problem. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still exists. Please try to run the Acrobat cleaner tool -https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html  , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link - https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines