Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader 'poster' option greyed out

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

I'm trying to print a sewing pattern from acrobat reader, which has to be printed as tiles using the poster page sizing option. But when I go to print, the 'poster' button is greyed out and I can't click on it. I've got the latest version and everything and the file is specifically meant to be printed this way. Any advice?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

In the print "Advanced  Print Setup" dialogue box, make sure that "print as image" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patricia,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Poster button is greyed out.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF and check if the option is active or not?

Please try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) and check. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup', Turn off the Protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792...

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is broken on macOS 14. It thinks I'm on a beta, which I'm not. So Poster is grayed out and I can't do anything about it. 

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry to hear that. Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Pro and the MAC OS (Complete version number) so we can check it .

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.06.20360 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC as described here https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012 and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2023 Nov 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my Mac. I just downloaded Acroboat Reader, I have the latest update and reset preferences. Poster button is gray. Disappointed! This was the reason I downloaded Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well.

Have you tried the steps provided in the correct answer shared below?

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this same issue with my Mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having the same problem and nothing had fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Would you mind sharing the print logs as described below for further investigation:

1. Place the plist file com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist at location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences

2. Execute the print workflow

3. Logs will be generated at a location similar to /var/folders/t9/93cz_sz9075d4nl5hqrlc6n00000gn/T.

4. The temp folder where the logs are generated is different for different users which is common only upto /var/folders.

5. To get the exact path of the file use the following command on terminal “ sudo find / -name AcrobatPrintLogs.txt “

6. once you get the complete path eg like /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt

7. just add cat as follows cat /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt

8. One can see AcrobatPrintLogs

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not working. That file is not an option on my finder. So now what? This is one important reason why I use adobe. As a teacher, being able to print as a poster is a huge resouce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was anyone able to figure out the issue? I'm a teacher as well so making posters is a huge part of why I use Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists. Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  share them via any cloud storage. Just upload the log file to the cloud and generate the link and share that link with us for further investigation.

Regards
Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2023 Dec 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue!  I've tried what's been posted below for the fix, but nothing changes!  What is the sense of having this program if I can't print poster/tile to print out patterns?  
 iOS Sonoma 14.0 

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M1 Pro

Build: 23.8.20423.0

AGM: 7.1.3

CoolType: 9.0.2

JP2K: 4.0.1.53159

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that, please collect the print logs as decribed below and share with us for further investigation.

• Place the plist file com.adobe.Acrobat.FeatureState.plist at location /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/Trunk/Preferences
  • Execute the print workflow 
  • Logs will be generated at  a location similar to  /var/folders/t9/93cz_sz9075d4nl5hqrlc6n00000gn/T. 
  • The temp folder where the logs are generated is different for different users which is common only upto  /var/folders. 
  • To get the exact path of the file use the following command on terminal “ sudo find / -name AcrobatPrintLogs.txt “ 
  • once you get the complete path eg like /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt 
  • just add cat as follows cat /private/var/folders/jk/vgtyw__s2dsdphtygd_0jslr0000gn/T/AcrobatPrintLogs.txt 
  • One can see AcrobatPrintLogs

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and have not been able to resolve it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2024 Feb 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue on my 2 macs. Both are running Mac OS Sonoma 14.3.1 which is the most up to date version of the operating system and acrobat reader says there are no available updates. When i try to deselect the print as image option it tells me i cant because im running beta software which i am not. I use reader because preview doent give you the options that reader does especially for pattern printing. But i cant print in poster format which many PDF patterns require because of this bug. After coming across this post i dug out my 10 year old macbook pro running Mac OS Big Sur 11.7.1 and it was able to print the pattern i needed, but that old machine was on it's last legs when i replaced it and continuing to use it for pattern printing is not sustainable long term. 

Any updates on when this bug will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html , reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the direct link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html  and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I there a fix for this issue yet?

I did everything you have suggested. Even the ones that assume that wasted my time because it assumes I'm using a full paid version which I cannot use because adobe has swapped to the individual-unfriendly subscription method. And if for some reason this function ( the sole one I want to use) is not available in the free reader version then It would be nice if your website or version infomation said so. 

Another person using Sonoma, not beta, (M2 chip) who can't use poster printing or turn off the 'print as image' option because they are greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue too. Is there anyway they can fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Have you tried turning off the 'Print as Image' option, as described in the correct answer? 

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It says "only print as image is supported on MACOS14 beta. Any other options I can do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the Adobe Acrobat Pro (paid vesion) supports only this options ! Too bad 😞  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've got the same problem here (in France)... is somebody working on it?

I've just downloaded acrobat in order to use this tool and I'm very disapointed that it can't work on MacIMG_3320.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines