Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader 'poster' option greyed out

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, 

I'm trying to print a sewing pattern from acrobat reader, which has to be printed as tiles using the poster page sizing option. But when I go to print, the 'poster' button is greyed out and I can't click on it. I've got the latest version and everything and the file is specifically meant to be printed this way. Any advice?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

In the print "Advanced  Print Setup" dialogue box, make sure that "print as image" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the print "Advanced  Print Setup" dialogue box, make sure that "print as image" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo  happy! Solved my problem too. On MAC Catalina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to be the point, but…
In my case, the "Print as image" checkbox is also greyed out (and checked), and it is specified that :

"Seule l'option Imprimer comme image est prise en charge sur MacOS14 Beta."

(Only the Print as image option is supported on MacOS14 Beta.)
BTW, my Mac OS version is Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71) — not Beta !
I went to my laptop running on older version of Mac OS and there was no problem there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2024 Feb 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac OS14.3 and I get the exact same message. My Mac OS is macOS Sonoma Version 14.3 (23D56). Works fine with an older macOS version 11.7.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem may mac is a OS14.2.1 (23C71), do i need to downgrade my mac again? What can i do, (all help appreciated) thank you ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

have you tried the suggestion provided in the correct answer above, go to print "Advanced Print Setup" dialogue box, make sure that "print as image" is not checked.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2024 Feb 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i did but the dialog box "Advanced Print Setup" is also grey and i can't click on anything. I downloaded again adobe acrobat but with no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2023 Nov 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue, I've tried everything you mentioned. Any luck? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same problem, trying to print a poster but I cannot 'uncheck' the 'print as image' because it is also greyed out. Any update on when this will be fixed and available on Mac again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use DocuSlice off the apple App store on an iPhone, free and works a treat!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Meline35463931wfhi 

Have you started experiencing this issue recently with the new update?

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 23.08.20533 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal. Thanks for the update.
I just downloaded it and started using it yesterday so should be the most up-to-date. 
I've got version 2023.008.20533 (not sure if typo above). 

I've got a Mac so repairing the instal doesn't apply. 

The .com.adobe.pro.plist file doesn't exist on my Mac (only have .reader and .crashreport in preferences). 

Any other thoughts?

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that the issue still persists, Would you mind collecting the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share them via any cloud storage of your choice for further investigation.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out what the problem is. Apparently this is a paid feature now. The work arounds do not work. Deselecting the print as image doesn't work. Nothing else worked. I clicked the free trial and all the sudden boom, worked as it has been for all these years. So my conclusion is you now have to subscribe to use this print poster mode. Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thank you so much! So sad that Adobe didn't let us users know that it's now a paid feature. They're trying to milk people dry. Do you happen to know any alternatives other than Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would expect an innovative company to charge for new features which have required significant development time. Making old features paid is real mean. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes exactly! And the fact that they didn't  announce that it's a paid feature now is unbelievable. Do you have any alternatives? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines