• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader Pro DC is the single worst piece of software I use

Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just crazy how bad it is.  Bugs.  Lots of bugs.  You broke your features up so that free users get super extra bad form filling abilities (no word wrap?  is this the stone age?) but even with the pro version it is literally painful to use your software to type answers for a scanned form.  I have spent more time fighting with Acrobat's behavior than I have filling out a very important document.  Also the document is 8 pages long with 10 paragraphs, so acrobat says it's out of memory?  Good job!  I'm using a certified supercomputer with 32 GB of ram here.  I'm using the pro version of your software, that used to mean something.

This is pathetic.  A basic .NET app could provide text boxes that:

1) don't magically set their own horizonal orientation to 180 degrees

2) let you select and change properties of multiple text boxes intead of one at a time, so when my entire document turns its own text boxes upside down, I have to fix each one individually.

3) if I type too many words without manually inserting a page break, the box behaves poorly, moving in unpredictable ways when the user tries to resize and fix it.  Very buggy behavior and I suspect it's just there to inspire a pro purchase.

I've been experienceing Acrobat Pro from back in the pre-X days and it is amazing how badly this product performs today.  It is full of bizarre behaviors that don't match EITHER MacOS or Windows standards.  Why has it not been trashed and rewritten?  I really wish it WAS NOT included in my CC subscriptions, it's that gross of an experience and I don't want Adobe to think I actually VALUE this piece of junk.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Info: A product with the name "Acrobat Reader Pro DC" doesn't exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whateer poop brain, it's the Actobat you pay for and not the free version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader is the free version.

Adobe Acrobat Pro is not free.

Acrobat Reader Pro doesn't exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben24110270r2mc_0-1651668069585.png

It doesn't exist right?  Totally imaginary, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Adobe Acrobat Pro, not Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stop trolling, you're not being a professional.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is literally, on the side of this very page as I am typing this, the following article: 

I have an Adobe Acrobat Pro package that I purchased back in 2015 and it is registered on my online ..."

So what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?  Just a nitpick response, not helpful at all.  Going by the time you posted this, you're somewhere in some "community professional" farm in europe.  You proobably also get points for posting tons of useless responses, the best kind of response in these adobe forums.   Bravo, you're on your way to the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and who even cares, i agree adobe acrobat reader pro is crap and has been getting worse. im losing my mind with it. please stop showing me the new features too. i could not care less if the software can't do basic functionality to begin with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you haven't learned to use Acrobat doesn't mean it isn't good software.

You should start here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs are bugs and you are just being a troll with this "suggestion".  Good Software is programmed to standards that work across your entire computer.  Acrobat breaks most of those standards.  It acts buggy and in unpredictable ways. 

If you copy and paste a text box it sets the text box orientation to 180?  You want to defend that functionality?  

If you type more than the size of the text box, you want it to automatically expand to the width of the screen instead of word wrappying?  Then when you try to adjust the box it jumps all around?  

Get real, you're not a "professional" you're just a random adobe fanatic defending their wittle baby.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not a word processor.

If you started there (instead of wasting your time insulting those who try to help you) you would understand better how Acrobat works and you would not have the problems you describe:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not trying to help, you're being pendantic.  I like how you haven't been able to actually come up with any solutions to the problems, that's funny.  Oh but you don't think it's a problem, right?  It's SUPPOSED to paste text boxes upside down, right?  

Why would copying and pasting text boxes turn them upside down?  If I have to read a manual to not flip my text boxes upside down, then that is a sign of trash software.  Trash.  And you are supporting it.  

"Acrobat is not a word processor."  What the acutal hell is wrong with you.  How do you decide when answering with a paragraph is not an appropriate function of this digital document system?  Hmm??  Acrobat is only good for single sentences?  LOL.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And for another thing, people like YOU are part of the problem.  These forums are filled with low effort unhelpful responses like yours, so that nobody can ever learn from searching for answers.  I found lots of people complaining about the 180 flip and not a single helpful answer other than to cope with poor software.  You are doing the lowest of the low type of work here.  I don't doubt it's company policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree with this post, Adobe Acrobat is a terrible product and I have been struggling to find a replacement for.

As a deisgner I use almost every app in the adobe suite with the exception of Dreamweaver and XD, Acrobat is by far the most buggy and least optimized tool.  I would barely call it a tool as I say "screw this" after remember why I don't use it and return to InDesign or Illustrator to create PDF's with any degree of competence.  Adobe's anti-competitve nature is destroying the quality of software, I soon hope the hammer comes down on their business model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night, just last night, I printed out a document I used Acrobat to add page numbers to, and found that Acrobat was displaying it one way, and printing it as a garbled mess.  I HAD BEEN DEPENDING ON THAT DOCUMENT FOR EXTREMELY IMPORTANT COMMUNICATIONS and Acrobat was hiding the fact that it prints wrong from me.  The software doesn't always display the same thing that it prints, and that's just the most basic reason for pdfs to exist.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That garbled mess might be a font issue -- or postscript. First, check what font you are using by making a version using a default font that isn't on the printer, and choose "Include 100% of characters" in your PDF creation preferences.

Also, the weird orientation of text boxes -- might be that "auto setting" to determine the direction of text. There is vertical and right to left languages out there -- so maybe it's thinking it's Kanji when it sees webding like characters instead of the normal ones you are typing.

I've spent a week now trying to get a form right -- so, I feel your pain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is horrific. I've had the exact problems you describe with every version released. I would buy FoxIt or Nitro if I could where I currently work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dude, I literally just googled, "Why is adobe acrobat the worst PDF editor" and landed on this post.  It really is a terrible piece of software for designing documents.  I love adobe products generally, but this one?  Straight poopie-dukes. Adobe can do much better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can do much better!

I don't share you're optimism there 😄 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2023 Sep 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this software is nightmare for architects who gives comments everytime, i can use other software, but my colleagues cant so i still have to use this horrible software. It's buggy as hell, especially the comment tool, its a joke, the segement line never works smoothly, and they crash all the time, even i click twice it never finishes the segment so i have to force stop it. you can even rotate the shapes in the comment section, it is an overall terrible user experience. People who are defending this they either never use the comment tool or they just use acrobat to read the news paper. Try to comment on a 100 pages drawings and see how many time it crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% agree. Every time I open a document it reads the text and then changes all the fonts to egyptian hyroglyphics and corrupts all the logos. Its great I love it !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 02, 2023 Dec 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This.

Here's more. Much more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate Adobe Pro.  It might be the worst product on earth.  I wish there was no such thing as Adobe or PDF.  Atrocious.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completely agree!  Used to love Adobe Pro.  This new version is complete garbage.  How did it even make it to market?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines