• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat runs extremely extremely slow– how to transfer adobe comments to another PDF reader?

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat runs extremely slow on my Mac. When scrolling comments it will often freeze up for 30+ seconds.

This happens on all my PDFs. I have tried switching to read mode. I have tried changing the display settings. I have tried reinstalling it, and it is up to date. I have also tried unchecking show online storage when opening/closing etc.

This does not happen when I open the PDFs in PDFelement. I am probably going to switch over if this doesn't get resolved, but for now all my annotations in documents I am working on are in Acrobat and I can't figure out how to import them to another program.

Is it possible to import acrobat comments to another PDF reader? Is there any fix for this I should try that might solve the problem that I haven't tried already?

My Macbook specs are:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

As you can see, the specs should be more than sufficient to run acrobat smoothly. Please let me know if anyone has any solutions to either of my problems I am very desperate!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Comments are stored in the PDF, as part of it. They are visible to all apps.

If you have an app that says it works with comments but doesn't see YOUR comments, it suggest it doesn't use standard Acrobat comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines