• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat save button is greyed out

Explorer ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously if I quit Acrobat with an unsaved document open a dialog was displayed - similar to the one in the attached screen snap - asking if I wanted to save the changes.

By default the save button was highlighted in blue so I could just tap the "enter" or "return" key to save the document.

Lately, however, the button is not hoghlighted. It functions (i.e. saves the document) but, because it is grey, I have to pick up the mouse and click on it.

This may seem trivial but it has a surprising adverse effect on my productivity.

Does anyone know why this is suddenly happening?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @davidg2020,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for your experience with Acrobat DC.

Have you tried using the 'TAB' key on your keyboard to select the option? This would select the first option automatically, and a click on the "Enter" key would save the document. 

Hope this helps.

-Souvik.

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

[Moving this thread to acrobat board for better visibility]

Community & Social Consultant | Document Cloud | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion and I will try it.

It's easier than having to reach for the mouse but it's still an extra step and I don't understand why the behaviour has changed when it is very much universally standard in all Mac apps that the "Save" button is automatically highlighted. Why would Adobe choose to ignore this standard behaviour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The other problem with this suggestion is that it doesn't work... tapping the tab ket doesn't highlight the "Save" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines