Acrobat search content disappears

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of people have reported to me that they're having problems with PDF content disappearing when they do searches, particularly it seems consecutive searches on large PDFs. See attached. Acrobat is not using that much memory with a large PDF open, so I don't think that's the problem. Wondering if anyone can suggest anything?

acrobat search.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing the steps you are doing? A small video recording of the same with the issue occurring would be very helpful.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 22.2.20191installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only)

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked whether there is something particular that triggers the problem but been told no, it is random. So I'm afraid I can't give you steps to follow. I will try resetting the preferences as you suggest. The version is 2020 and there is no update available.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Please try to reset the Preferences as described earlier. you may also try to crate a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

~Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried removing the preferences, but it made no difference. I will try repairing the installation, but it was only installed recently, so I doubt that will fix it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines