• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat shows soundwave from inDesign interactive pdf - tried everything from similar questions...

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2023 Feb 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heya

i preface that i HAVE searched and it's difficult to know if there has been a solution/fix since nov22 but i'm guessing not, and all others like myself, are kind losing hope.

issue is on both win10 and 11.  does it on both laptops.  both laptops are running latest of EVERYTHING (bot OS and adobe apps) so it's not an update issue.

created an inDesign file with a video that i saved with all the latest codex from Premier Pro (updated) simple one minute video from an old commercial for a class presentation.  when i open in Acrobat (not reader) it plays but only audio with soundwave (pic attached) i have done the security tips (with restarts) i have uninstalled and reinstalled, and still the soundwave.  IF i do the security tip, like others, it closes Acrobat.

i have work arounds (just playing the video in it's own app) i can do with my presentation (playing the video in it's own app) but IF this a windows thing as my students who are on macs have added videos to theirs and they can play theirs.  hate it when mac users don't have issues.  bad enough they prefer procreate over pshop and ai.

any help is much appreciated... thanks in advance.grab.jpg

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?